Our Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla recipe is a quick and easy to make dinner idea that is ready to go in less than 20 minutes. This Quesadilla can be made with rotisserie chicken to make it go together even quicker.
Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla
Quesadillas are such a great idea for dinner. You can use up your leftover flour tortillas and chicken and whip up delicious recipes in no time.
I’m all about easy dinner ideas that use up leftover chicken during weeknights. Here are few of my family’s favorites that I think you will enjoy as well such as my Chicken Enchiladas, my Chicken Florentine Soup, and my Spicy Chicken Salad.
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step by step directions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Skinless boneless Rotisserie chicken breast – you also use leftover chicken.
- Ancho chili powder – if your family isn’t a fan of spicy foods, you can leave this out.
- Garlic – all great recipes use garlic.
- Lime juice – this ingredient is a must when making Mexican inspired dishes.
- Ground cumin – this is such an underrated ingredient.
- Extra virgin olive oil – or you can use a different oil that you prefer.
- Red pepper flakes – brings a nice taste to the dish.
- Salt – make sure it’s sea salt. Do not use regular table salt.
- Pepper – fresh ground black pepper is the best.
- Extra large low carb high fiber flour tortillas like Ole Extreme tortillas – or you can use regular.
- Shredded fat free Mexican cheese mix – can substitute with a mixture of cheddar and Monterey Jack
- Fresh cilantro – this is optional as some do not like the taste.
How to Make Chicken Quesadillas
Step 1: In a large bowl, add in the shredded chicken and the seasonings.
Step 2: Heat a large skillet on the stove-top and add a bit of oil if needed. When the pan has heated to medium, add a flour tortilla, then one one side of the tortilla, add a couple of tablespoons of the seasoned chicken, the cheese, and cilantro.
Step 3: Fold the tortilla over and cook until the quesadilla is golden brown and flip over to finish cooking the other side.
Step 4: Repeat the above steps until all of the quesadillas are made.
Step 5: Top with your favorite toppings such as cheese, cilantro, salsa, or with this homemade guacamole recipe.
FAQ About This Recipe
Is Ancho Chili Spicy?
Compared to other peppers, they are pretty mild. They have about the same heat as a poblano.
What Tortilla is Best for Making Quesadillas?
Hands down, the flour ones. They are more pliable and will fold easier than corn tortillas.
How do I Make a Quesadilla At Home?
Add your favorite fillings to one side of the tortilla, fold over the other half and brown on each side until the cheese is melted.
How Many Weight Watchers Points in Chicken Quesadillas
When you make these Ancho Chicken Quesadillas using the low carb tortillas, which are 8 inches and fat free cheese, these quesadillas come in at:
|Weight Watchers Plans
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a Year’s Membership for the Price of a Month – Learn More About Healthi – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Save Money on Weight Watchers. One Year on iTrackBites for about the cost of 1 month on Weight Watchers. All the same plans and points. Use code
Code_DebiMurray to save
More Delicious Chicken Recipes
- The Best Broccoli Chicken and Cheese Casserole
- The Best Healthy Chicken Enchiladas
- The Best Homemade Buffalo Chicken Taquitos Recipe
- Marinated Baked Chicken Thighs with Fingerling Potatoes
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Ancho Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla
Ancho Chicken Filling
- 4 extra large low carb high fiber flour tortillas like Ole Extreme tortillas
- 8 oz. shredded fat free Mexican cheese mix can substitute with a mixture of cheddar and Monterey Jack, plus a little extra for garnish, if desired.
- 2 T. fresh cilantro stems removed and coarsely chopped.
- 1 T. fresh cilantro stems removed and coarsely chopped, for garnish
- Place the shredded chicken in a bowl. Combine the chicken seasonings in a bowl with the oil and then pour over the chicken. Mix well to coat.
- Heat a 12 inch skillet over medium heat and add a tortilla.
- Add a 1/4 of the chicken mixture to one side of the tortilla.
- Top with 2 ounces of cheese and 1/2 tablespoon of chopped cilantro.
- Fold over the other side of the tortilla and then gently flip over once it is golden brown.
- Press the tortilla down to help melt the cheese and cook until golden.
- Remove the quesadilla and keep warm while cooking the rest of the quesadillas.
- To serve, top each warm tortilla with a little shredded cheese and fresh cilantro. Delicious with salsa and guacamole, if desired.