Looking for the best Broccoli Chicken and Cheese Casserole? You have found the best chicken broccoli casserole ever. This is a healthy and simple dinner recipe that the whole family is going to love. Make this easy Chicken Casserole recipe tonight.
BROCCOLI CHICKEN AND CHEESE CASSEROLE
I don’t know about you but I love making casseroles for dinner. The only problem with casseroles are that sometimes they aren’t exactly Weight Watchers friendly. That is one of the reasons I absolutely love this Broccoli Chicken and Cheese Casserole! It’s easy to make and absolutely delish!
Another one of my favorite things about making casseroles are that it’s a great way to get the kids to eat vegetables without realizing they are actually eating them! For me, that’s always a win-win.
If your family enjoys casseroles like mine does, here are a few suggestions for some simple and tasty casserole recipes. One of our favorites is my Green Bean Casserole. Another favorite dish is my Breakfast Casserole. Of course another recipe that I think you will love is my Shepherd’s Pie.
Before you get started on this Weight Watchers Recipe, here are a few tips and suggestions.
How Many Weight Watchers Points in this Casserole
This is a great tasting Weight Watchers Casserole that is so filling and absolutely delicious. No one would know it is low in points. The points listed here are based on using fat free cream cheese and fat free sour cream as well as low fat or fat free cheese. In this recipe, it does not matter if you use low fat cheddar or fat free. The points are the same. Since some people say that they do not like the way that fat free cheese melts, this can be a benefit. If you want to reduce the points even more, you can reduce the cheese even more, but for me, I love me some cheese
|Weight Watchers Plans||Points|
|Carb Conscious||coming soon|
|Calorie Command||coming soon|
|Keeping Keto||coming soon|
|Conquer Cravings||coming soon|
Save Money on Weight Watchers. One Year on iTrackBites for about the cost of 1 month on Weight Watchers. All the same plans and points. Use code
Code_DebiMurray to save
If you choose to make this recipe with skinless, boneless chicken thighs instead, this recipe comes in at 4 points on each plan.
IS THIS A BUDGET FRIENDLY WEIGHT WATCHERS CASSEROLE RECIPE?
Yes, it definitely is! This dish will serve 8 and the total cost is approximately $15.54, which breaks down to $1.94 per serving!
WHAT HEALTHY SUBSTITUTIONS CAN I USE IN THIS CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE RECIPE?
If you don’t have sour cream, fat free Greek yogurt is a fantastic alternative in this chicken broccoli casserole. It gives the same tanginess as sour cream and is a healthier choice.
MORE WEIGHT WATCHERS CHICKEN RECIPES
INGREDIENTS in CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- Chicken breasts – this is your protein for this dish.
- Broccoli florets – the ingredient that will make your dish “pop”.
- Cream cheese – this is your creamy ingredient.
- Sour cream – using this ingredient really adds a unique taste to your recipe.
- Powdered ranch seasoning – doesn’t ranch make everything better?
- Cheese – need I say more?
- Seasoning – salt and pepper really help elevate the flavor of any dish.
READY TO MAKE THESE EASY BROCCOLI CHICKEN AND CHEESE CASSEROLE DISH?
This casserole is extremely easy to make. Start with a preheated 350 degree oven.
You want to steam the broccoli in a large microwave-safe bowl. Add the broccoli in the bowl with 2 to 3 tablespoons of water. Microwave for 4 to 5 minutes. Once it is done, drain the water and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
Add the cream cheese, sour cream, ranch dressing, salt, and pepper to the broccoli and mix it all together to form the broccoli chicken and cheese casserole.
Mix in the chicken and add it all to a 9*13 casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooling spray. Spread it evenly in the pan and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake the chicken broccoli casserole for 10-12 minutes. Broil the chicken casserole for 3 to 5 minutes to get the cheese golden brown.
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Recommended Weight Watchers Products
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Broccoli Chicken and Cheese Casserole
- 1 pound chicken breasts shredded or cut into cubes
- 5 cups fresh broccoli florets stems trimmed off
- 8 ounces cream cheese- fat free softened at room temperature, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup sour cream- fat free
- 1 tablespoon powdered ranch seasoning mix
- 10 ounce shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese- fat free or lite
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking oil and set aside. Preheat oven to 350°
- Place broccoli in a large microwave safe bowl. Add 2-3 tablespoons of water and steam in the microwave for 4-5 minutes. Drain the water and allow to cool for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, ranch dressing, salt & pepper to the broccoli. Mix well.
- Mix in the chicken.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the casserole dish and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake in your oven for 10-12 minutes at 350° and then broil for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is golden brown. Serve immediately!