Everyone needs a delicious dessert recipe to have whether it is for a special occasion or a recipe to devour by yourself when you’re in the mood for something sweet. This Honey Cinnamon Bumblebee Cupcakes with Honey Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting is an absolute bomb of flavor in your mouth and may become a favorite.
Honey Cinnamon Bumblebee Cupcakes with Honey Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Instagram is one of my favorite places to be. Join us as we share our Perfectly Imperfect Life with recipes, crafts, parenting, and fun! Be sure to check out our stories for real-time fun!
This Bumblebee Cupcake recipe is so good! This recipe has a ton of ingredients to make a soft and fluffy cupcake with a creamy and sweet Honey Cinnamon Cream Cheese frosting. The Honey and cinnamon flavoring blends together so well to add a great flavor to the recipe. This can easily become a dessert that you wanna make again and again. These cupcakes are perfect for parties because of how adorable they are. Other great party cupcakes are Mickey Mouse Jack Skellington Cupcakes Recipe, Anna Frozen Cupcakes, or some of these other Cupcakes.
Ingredients You Need
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Sugar- Every dessert recipe uses sugar in it.
- Baking Powder- Use this to allow the recipe to rise in the oven.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors.
- Butter- Use unsalted to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Cream Cheese- Use softened or at room temperature.
- Eggs- Use these at room temperature.
- Buttermilk- Use milk with a bit of vinegar as a substitute.
- Vanilla Paste- You will need vanilla bean paste for this recipe.
- Cinnamon- This will be an added flavoring.
- Honey- This will add a natural sweet flavoring.
- Powdered Sugar- This sugar is great for homemade icing.
- Milk- You will need whole milk or use half and half.
- Food Coloring- You can use yellow food coloring if desired for the frosting.
- Sugar Bee Decoration– You can buy some Wilton sugar “bees” for decoration on top of the icing.
How to Make Honey Cupcakes with Honey Cream Cheese Frosting
First, set the oven to 350 degrees. Then, use pan baking spray to grease a muffin tin or use cupcake liners to line the tin.
Next,add the butter and sugar into a bowl and using a hand or standing mixer. Beat until light and fluffy for about one to two minutes.
Now, add the cream cheese, vanilla butter, milk, and eggs to the bowl and combine on low. After all the ingredients are well incorporated, add in the honey, and combine on medium speed for one minute.
Slowly combine both mixtures of wet and dry until fully incorporated. Next, pour the prepared batter into the prepared muffin tin. Make sure you fill each section, about 2/3 of the way full.
Next, place the pan into the oven for 17 to 20 minutes, or until you place a toothpick in the middle of one of the cupcakes, and it comes out clean better. Then, once the cupcakes are done, remove them from the oven and let them sit to cool thoroughly before frosting.
Directions for Honey Cream Cheese Frosting:
To start, add the butter and cream cheese into a large mixing bowl or standing mixer and combine until light and fluffy.
Next, add in the vanilla extract and combine again.
Beginning with one cup at a time, gradually add your powdered sugar into the bowl, while also pouring in a small amount of milk, between each addition. Then, for one minute combined the ingredients until creamy. Next, add in the cinnamon and mix until fully combined.
After, add in a few drops of food coloring.
You can begin prepping the frosting by adding scoops of the mixture into a piping bag. Next, you will create a tiny “blob tower” of the frosting onto the middle of each cupcake.
Finally, use your cute Bumblebee decorations to decorate the finished cupcake.
How Long Do Bee Cupcakes Last?
These Bumblebee cupcakes can last up to a week depending on where it’s stored. if left at room temperature, they will need to be eaten immediately. However, when placed in the fridge, they can last up to seven days, but once the seven days are up, they will become dry.
How to Store the Cupcakes?
Storing these Bumblebee cupcakes is very simple. All you have to do is make sure to place the cupcakes into an airtight container. You can choose to leave the cupcakes at room temperature to eat right away, or place them in the fridge to last for up to a week.
What Kind of Honey Is Best for Honey Cupcakes?
For this Bumblebee cupcake recipe, there is no specific honey that needs to be used. This recipe will be fine, being made with any type of honey. No matter the honey you choose, the results will stay the same.
How to Make the Bumble Bee Cupcake Toppers?
There are stores where you can buy premade cupcake toppers. If your store does not carry toppers, you can create them on your own. You can create toppers by using a certain type of icing. This icing can be found online or in stores, and it will harden fast enough to where your design will dry quickly and you can place it onto your cupcakes right away.
Can I Use Store Bought Frosting?
You can use storebought frosting for these Bumblebee cupcakes. All you have to do is scoop the frosting out of its container and place it into the piping bag as if you were making it homemade. Then, you can proceed to pipe the frosting on top of the cupcake. You can add a few drops of the yellow food coloring into the frosting to create a bright yellow color.
How to make the Cupcake Swirl?
Making this swirl cupcake is not as difficult as you think. When making this swirl cupcake, you will want to separate your batter into however many portions and colors you want. If you decide to use two colors to swirl together, then create two separate bowls of batter. Add some food coloring into one of the bowls. Then, pour one of the bowls of batter into the muffin tin about halfway, then drizzle the food coloring batter on top using a toothpick to swirl together slightly, then bake.
Honey Cinnamon Bumblebee Cupcakes with Honey Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick salted butter softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon half and a half or whole milk
- *Yellow food coloring optional
- 1 large piping bag 1 large round frosting tip
- Wilton sugar “bees” icing decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or line a standard muffin tin.
- Steps 1-3: Using a hand or stand mixer, cream butter and sugar 1-2 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Mix in your cream cheese, vanilla, buttermilk, and eggs and low until well incorporated. Mix in the honey and mix on medium for 1 minute.
- Step 4: Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Add batter into the muffin tin until each is about 2/3 full. Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow cooling completely before frosting.
Directions for Frosting:
- Steps 1-3: In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream together butter and cream cheese and beat until light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla extract.
- Steps 4-5: Slowly mix in the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, while adding a bit of milk in between each cup. Continue to mix for 1 minute or until creamy. Mix in the cinnamon until well incorporated.
- Step 6: Add in your food coloring. Prepare piping bag and fill the bag with frosting. Pipe a small “blob tower” of icing in the middle of the cupcake. The frost your “beehive” around the “blob”. Decorate with your cute bumblebees and enjoy!
- *I inadvertently left the bottle of food coloring out of the in-process photo ☹