Do you love the peanut butter and banana combination? I have the perfect cupcake for you. The Elvis Cupcake, peanut butter banana cupcakes, is taking the cupcake to a new level.
When I was a kid, my mom uses to make me peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I loved them. It was my favorite lunch. Now I make these peanut butter banana cupcakes that have all of the flavors of the sandwich but in a delicious cupcake. This banana peanut butter cupcake recipe is easy to make and tastes amazing
When making these peanut butter banana cupcakes, you can make it as a peanut butter cupcake with banana frosting or you can make it as a banana cupcake with peanut butter frosting. My Elvis Cupcakes are peanut butter cupcakes with banana frosting. Banana cake frosting adds a great taste to these peanut butter cupcakes.
Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Banana Frosting
Most people think of banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting when they think of peanut butter banana cupcakes. I love this recipe changes it around. It gives a nice flavor to the cupcakes and since it is a banana frosting, the frosting isn't as sweet as it tends to be when it is peanut butter frosting. I think anyone who enjoys the peanut butter and banana combination is going to really enjoy these great tasting and easy to make peanut butter banana cupcakes.
How to Make Banana Cake Frosting
Banana cake frosting is easy to make. This Banana Cake Frosting doesn't use actual bananas. This recipe for banana cake frosting uses a combination of mashed bananas and banana extract to give it a great banana flavor.
How to Make Peanut Butter Banana Cupcakes
To make Peanut Butter Banana Cupcakes are easy to make. Using a cake mix as the base for these cupcakes, it is easy to make them into peanut butter banana cupcakes. Mix the ingredients for the cake. Pour the batter into 24 cupcake liners. When the Elvis cupcakes are baked and cooled, use the prepared banana frosting, using the instructions below, and frost the cupcakes. Use the Peanut butter banana cupcake recipe below.
More delicious recipes:
- Healthier Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Icing Recipe
- Tagalong Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Muffin Recipe
- The best Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Variations to Peanut Butter Banana Cupcakes
If you are looking for ways to change up this peanut butter banana cupcake recipe, there are a few changes you can do.
- Use crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy. This will give a little crunch to each cupcake.
- Add more banana to the cupcake. Since there is no banana in the cupcakes, you can add some if you want a stronger banana flavor. Add banana extract to the cupcakes or use one ripe mashed banana for every egg in the recipe. This makes the recipe healthier by cutting fat and calories and gives it a stronger banana flavor.
- Add honey. You can drizzle a little bit of honey over each cupcake.
Peanut Butter Banana Cupcakes
Makes 24 cupcakes
To make the frosting look like the frosting on these peanut butter cupcakes, use a piping bag with a medium star tip.
Peanut Butter Cupcakes Ingredients
1 box of french vanilla cake mix
1/2 unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
1 C whole milk
3 large eggs
1 C creamy peanut butter
Peanut Butter Cupcake Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, butter, milk and eggs
Once combined, add in the peanut butter and mix until fully combined
Bake in the oven for 21 minutes
Let cool for 10 minutes
Banana Frosting Ingredients
1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
3 C powdered sugar
1/4 C mashed banana's
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp banana extract
5 tbsp heavy whipping cream
1 piping bag with a large star tip
1 large bag of mini nutterbutter cookies
1 large ziplock bag
Banana Frosting Directions
Using a standing mixer, beat together all ingredients until combined and smooth.
Continue to beat until stiff peaks form
Once done, scoop into the piping bag
Place a few nutterbutter cookies into the ziplock bag and crush using a rolling pin
Pipe the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes
Sprinkle crushed cookies on top of the frosting
Place a cookie into the center of the frosting
- 1 box of french vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1 C whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 C creamy peanut butter
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 1/4 C mashed banana's
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp banana extract
- 5 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 piping bag with a large star tip
- 1 large bag of mini nutterbutter cookies
- 1 large ziplock bag
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, butter, milk and eggs
- Once combined, add in the peanut butter and mix until fully combined
- Bake in the oven for 21 minutes
- Let cool for 10 minutes
- Using a standing mixer, beat together all ingredients until combined and smooth.
- Continue to beat until stiff peaks form
- Once done, scoop into the piping bag
- Place a few nutterbutter cookies into the ziplock bag and crush using a rolling pin
- Pipe the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes
- Sprinkle crushed cookies on top of the frosting
- Place a cookie into the center of the frosting