Roasting kale creates a delicious and simple side dish. It’s ready in no time and will be enjoyed by all! Once cooked in the oven, the leaves become irresistibly tender with crisp edges, and you have the delicious Seasoned Kale Chips that make a crunchy go-to snack.
Crispy Kale Chips are healthier than potato chips and for someone eating a low calorie, Weight Watchers, low carb or keto diet, Kale Chips are great for having a crunchy go-to snack. Try this easy recipe for tasty kale chips. Low Carb, Keto approved and only 1 Weight Watchers Points per serving.
If you’re looking for a healthy and satisfying alternative to fried potato chips, you are in the right place. These crispy kale chips are super easy to make, but there are a couple of things to keep in mind before you begin.
This recipe inspired my Air Fryer Pasta Chips. Made in the air fryer, these pasta chips, are cruncy and delicious!
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Smoked paprika really brings a nice flavor to the kale.
- Garlic powder adds a nice touch to these chips.
- Ground cumin
- Sea salt or kosher salt is also another ingredient that really helps bring out the flavor of these chips.
Head down to the recipe card to get the full amounts.
Refer to the recipe card below.
- If you don’t have sea salt, you can use kosher salt. The key is not use regular table salt.
- If you can find Tuscan kale, use that. However, curly will work fine too.
- You can use parchment paper to line the baking sheet, however, I highly recommend using a silicone baking mat. That way you can use it time and time again.
You can store this in the fridge for up to one week in an airtight container.
- Watch the chips very carefully when you put them into the oven. They burn fast.
- Drying the kale thoroughly after you wash it is also key. If you don’t you will get soggy chips.
- Use the EVOO lightly. This is where a little goes a long way.
How many Weight Watchers points are in kale chips?
This recipe for makes 4 servings and each serving is 1 point. You can satisfy your chip or crunchy snack cravings for only one point. Keep these kale chips on hand for a tasty snack anytime.
Seasoned Kale Chips
- large baking sheet
- parchment paper or silicone mat
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Wash kale leaves and dry completely before adding to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with a little olive oil and toss to combine while rubbing each leaf with your fingers to make sure it is evenly coated in oil.
- Sprinkle smoked paprika, garlic powder, and cumin on top of kale and season with sea salt, to taste. Toss until evenly combined.
- Arrange seasoned kale leaves on a prepared baking sheet in a single layer, being careful to not overcrowd them. Work in batches, if necessary.
- Place baking sheet in preheated oven and bake for 5-6 minutes before rotating the pan. Bake for another 1-2 minutes. Do not overcook. Remove chips from oven when they are still mostly green, with only a tiny bit of brown developing.
- Let chips sit for 2-3 minutes to crisp up a bit more before serving. Enjoy!
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a Year’s Membership for the Price of a Month – Learn More About Healthi – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save