Have you tried TikTok Pasta Chips? They’re a viral food trend that’s sweeping the nation. Made from cooked pasta, they are baked in the oven or air fried to create crispy chips with all of your favorite flavors. They are so easy make them yourself!
Instagram is one of my favorite places to be. Join us as we share our Perfectly Imperfect Life with recipes, crafts, parenting, and fun! Be sure to check out our stories for real-time fun!
How to Make Tiktok Chips
These chips are perfect for anyone who loves pasta and is looking for something new to try. TikTok Chips are the perfect way to satisfy your cravings. They’re crispy and crunchy with just the right amount of saltiness to make them irresistible. And it so easy to make in whatever flavor you like.
You can enjoy these chips anytime. Use them as a simple snack or you can even cheat and eat them as a meal. Since there is no added “bad for you” ingredients, there is no reason you can not enjoy these chips as a meal.
Related: Low SmartPoints® Value Snack Ideas
What are TikTok Chips?
These are a great way to use up leftover or fresh noodles and make it into a fun snack that everyone will enjoy. These chips are made by cooking the noodles and then seasoning them well. Then you need to place them in the oven on a greased baking sheet or make them in an air fryer. Bake them until they are golden brown and taste like perfection.
Serve this Viral TikTok food trend with marinara sauce or whatever kind of dip you like.
What Do They Taste Like
A pasta chip taste like the lasagna noodles that are baked and get hard and crispy. You know the parts of the noodles that do not have sauce on them and kind of hang over the edge of the pan. These have a great crisp to them and a nice taste. Then you add some incredible seasoning to them and it is perfection.
What Kind of Seasoning to Put on These Chips
The choice of seasoning is completely up to you. There are no ends to the flavors that you do. I went with a simple seasoning on these Air Fryer Pasta Chips and used basic dry ranch seasoning. You can flavor them as spicy or mild as you like. Some fun spices to add are salt, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano or even lemon pepper. You can add Italian, Mexican or Asian seasoning blend mixes. You can add tacos seasoning even. Honestly, you can add whatever kinds of flavors you like. Most of these seasonings are perfect to pair with parmesan cheese.
You can also go sweet with cinnamon sugar or other seasoning that are often considered a sweet treat. Truly you can add whatever you like.
Create your own blend of seasonings and have it become your signature blend. Everyone will be asking you to make them.
What Makes a Good Dip for Chips
What’s your favorite for chips? You can use a simple marinara sauce for these chips. That is the go to. You can also use ranch dressing or even something like a pesto or alfredo sauce. You can use other dips like french onion dip, avocado, salsa or even guacamole.
How to Store
I think these are best to eat the day you make them. However, if you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container. The chips will last for up to 5 days.
Can I Make Pasta Chips in the Oven?
You can also try making these chips in the oven if you don’t have an air fryer. Oven baking is a great alternative for those who do not have an air fryer or prefer baking over frying. To make them in the oven, you will make them according to the directions and instead of placing them in the Air Fryer, you will spread them out on a baking tray. Bake the pasta in a preheated 400 degree oven for 17 to 20 minutes.
Want to get an Air Fryer? How about this one? It is surprisingly affordable.
Can I Use Leftover Pasta to
We always have pasta in the refrigerator. I mean, always. The kids could live on it. But that also means sometimes, we have some that get thrown out, typically because someone decided to make more when there was still some in the fridge. You can most certainly use these leftover pasta to make these chips. Since they don’t need to be cooked first (because they already were), the whole process is even easier!
Love Recipes? Join our Facebook Group, The Best Recipes Because Mama Loves to Eat
What kind of Pasta is Best
There is no best pasta. I use whatever I have on hand. If I am dipping my chips in something that I want to be grabbed, I will use a pasta with a whole in the center. If I am using something guacamole or hummus, I want something that has a wide surface. So really, there is no better pasta than another.
How are TikTok chips different than uncooked pasta?
There is a big difference in uncooked pasta and and pasta chips. Dried raw pasta is inedible. It does not have a good taste and it is hard to bite. These chips are cooked pasta that is then baked in the oven. It will have a similar taste and texture the hard parts of a baked lasagna, the bits that overhang the pan and do not have sauce on it.
Can I deep fry pasta?
If you want to deep fry your chips, you can. It will be very crispy, in a way that the Air Fryer or oven do not get it, and it will be little more unhealthy than Air Fried or baked chips are. You will deep fry it for 1 to 2 minutes or until it is golden brown.
Can You Make These Without Parmesan?
A lot of recipes call for adding parmesan. I am not adding it to this recipe because those recipes are usually using Italian seasoning. I am using ranch to give it a twist and think that it doesn’t need the parm.
Can They Be Gluten Free?
You can absolutely make these gluten free. You can make these chips using gluten free pasta and the results are the same.
How Much Does It Cost to Make Pasta Chips
We always have leftover pasta so if I am using that, in my opinion, that is free because I am keeping it from going in the trash. However, if you are making this recipe specifically for making chips, the total cost for the entire recipe is $2.95. That is a bargain to me. This recipe makes 8 servings, so that comes out to $0.37 cents per serving.
How Many Weight Watchers Points Per Serving
When it comes to eating chips, you can eating traditional fried potato chips and it is 5 points for 1 ounce. For these pasta chips, you get a whole serving of pasta, which is about a cup. This comes in at 6 points on all plans.
Want to make this even lower? Use whole wheat pasta. Between baking it and adding the seasonings, you won’t be able to tell the difference. When you use whole wheat pasta, the points are 2 points for Purple and 3 points for Blue and Green.
New to WW? Trying to Decide on What Plan is Best? Use these guides to help. Everything You Need to Know about the Green Plan, Blue and Purple coming soon.
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step directions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Pasta- I am using bowtie pasta noodles but you can use whatever kind you like
- Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix – or the seasoning flavor of your choice
- Olive oil – You can use vegetable oil as well.
- Marinara sauce– This is your dipping sauce. You can also use other style dipping sauce you prefer, like ranch dressing, mustard, or french onion dip.
How to Make Tiktok Pasta Chips
Add water to a large pot and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to box directions. Drain.
Add cooked pasta to a large bowl and add olive oil and ranch dressing. Toss to cover pasta until well covered.
Preheat Air Fryer to 360°. Add an even layer of pasta to Air Fryer. Cook for 5 minutes. Shake and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until pasta is lightly golden. (times will vary depending on the make of your machine)
Serve with your favorite marinara sauce and enjoy!
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Recommended Weight Watchers Products
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Are you on Facebook? We are too. Join us as we share our Perfectly Imperfect Life with recipes, crafts, parenting, and fun!
Ranch Flavored TikTok Pasta Chips
- 12 ounce bow tie pasta WW use whole wheat
- 4 ounce Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup marinara sauce for dipping
- Add water to a large pot and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to box directions. Drain.
- Add cooked pasta to a large bowl and add olive oil and ranch dressing. Toss to cover pasta until well covered.
- Preheat Air Fryer to 360°. Add an even layer of pasta to Air Fryer. Cook for 5 minutes. Shake and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until pasta is lightly golden. (times will vary depending on the make of your machine)
- Serve with your favorite marinara sauce and enjoy!