This Creamy Cucumber salad recipe is one of the most refreshing recipes to make during the summer. The cucumbers are sliced thin and mixed with a creamy dressing that tastes great on hot days. It’s such a simple recipe, but it’s really satisfying and delicious.
Instagram is one of favorite places to be. Join us as we share our Perfectly Imperfect Life with recipes, crafts, parenting and fun! Be sure to check out our stories for real time fun!
Easy Creamy Cucumber Salad
Who says you can’t enjoy a salad in the summer? This creamy cucumber salad is the perfect light, refreshing dish to enjoy on those hot summer days. It’s made with only five ingredients and takes less than ten minutes to make. Your guests will love it!
Creamy cucumber salad is a light, refreshing dish that’s perfect for the warmer months. It can be served as a side or you can add some protein like marinated chicken, Ranch Burgers, Pork Chops or BBQ Drumsticks to make it more of a meal. This recipe is fast and easy so you’ll have plenty of time to spend with family while enjoying this delicious summertime dish!
This recipe is also fantastic as a picnic recipe. Similar to Taco Dip, Broccoli Salad or Cowboy Caviar, this is a frequently requested recipe for whenever I go to a party or get together. My family and friends loves it.
Cucumber salad is one of the most refreshing recipes to make during the summer. The cucumbers are sliced thin and mixed with a creamy dressing that tastes great on hot days. It’s such a simple recipe, but it’s really satisfying and delicious.
What Kind of Cumbers are Best for This Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe?
You can use whichever cucumbers you prefer in this recipe, and many people recommend English cucumbers in salads. Persian cucumbers are also a great option if you’re looking for a variety that’s smaller, sweeter and crunchier. I prefer to use “regular” cheap cucumbers since I like them and they are often inexpensive.
Love Recipes? Join our Facebook Group, The Best Recipes Because Mama Loves to Eat
How Long Will it Last in the Fridge?
This cucumber salad will last a few days if kept tightly covered and refrigerated. It tastes best when made fresh, but I sometimes add more crunchy cucumbers or onions to refresh it.
Can cucumber salad be made in advance?
This salad can be made a few hours in advance and will keep for up to two days. Cucumbers release liquid as they sit, so it’s best when it is fresh. If left too long, watery liquid could dilute the dressing flavor.
Can Creamy Cucumber Salad Be Made with Mayo
Yes. You can easily make this salad with mayo instead. Replace the fat free yogurt with mayonnaise in equal parts. It you like the bit of tanginess that the yogurt gives it, you can add some vinegar to the recipe as well. You can also do half and half, half mayo and half yogurt to get the same effect.
Can Sour Cream Be Used In This Recipe
In a lot of creamy cucumber salad recipes it uses sour cream. I like to use fat free Greek Yogurt because it decreases the calories and fat in the recipe. This is great when you want something that is low in Weight Watchers points, or healthy by the standard diet recommendations. You can switch to a fat free sour cream if you want something similar and do not have yogurt on hand. You can also use full fat sour cream, or yogurt, if you are following Keto.
Can I use dried dill in this recipe instead of fresh?
If you can’t find fresh dill or don’t have access, dried dill may be substituted; simply use it in smaller amounts. Just 2-3 teaspoons of dried dill is all you need. However, whenever possible, for the best flavor, try to use fresh herbs.
Variations to This Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe
The best recipes are easily changed up to make them fit everyone’s tastes or just to add a simple twist to them. Here are some simple variations that you can do to this salad recipe to make it even better
- Sour cream or mayo and vinegar – As mentioned above, you can swap what you are using for the dressing. Each will give a slightly different flavor to the recipe.
- Ranch dressing- If you want a completely different flavor, you can use ranch dressing too. This is a bold flavor so it changes the recipes dramatically. You can use ranch dressing itself, or use the powder ranch seasoning with any of the dressing combinations I have mentioned.
- Remove the skins- Whether you simply do not like the skins or you want to give it less crunch, you can remove the skins of the cucumbers. You can also make them look fancy (like my kids say) by using a cucumber peeling and removing strips of the skins, causing a zebra effect (again how the kids describe it).
- Omit the onion- Either take the onions out or switch to yellow or white onions. Some people do not like how strong the red onions can be.
- Add tomatoes- You can use full size tomatoes that you dice down or use cherry tomatoes that are cut in half. You can even used drained well canned dinner tomatoes if you prefer.
- Add Celery or Peppers– If you want to bulk up this salad, you can also add celery or bell peppers. I prefer to cut my very small when I add them but you can chop them any way you like. Hate cutting veggies, I recommend this chopper. It takes all the work out of it, including the onions! https://amzn.to/3gzYm6K
- Substitute the dill – If you do not have fresh dill or want to give it a different flavor, you can also use fresh mint or basil for an exceptional flavor.
- Don’t Make it Creamy– We love cucumber salad so much in all ways. We have also skipped the creamy dressing and made it with a vinaigrette style dressing. This adds a bit more acidity to the salad but it has such a fantastic flavor.
Is This Recipe Keto
If you are following Keto this recipe can be used as part of a healthy diet. It calls for 1 cup of fat free yogurt. You will want to change this to Full Fat Greek Yogurt. This will give you about 4 carbs for the yogurt. The cucumbers will be about 5 to 7 net carbs (total) depending on the size of the cucumbers, according to Carbmanager. So with this recipe being 4 servings, you will be getting between 2 to 3 net carbs per serving.
How Many Weight Watchers Point in Cucumber Salad
This is a great recipe when you want something as a side dish that is very low in points. Using the fat free Greek Yogurt, this recipes comes in at
- Blue and Purple: 0 points
- Green: 1 point
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step by step directions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Red onion- HOW TO CUT ONIONS – TIPS TO MAKE CUTTING ONIONS EASIER AND LESS PAINFUL
- Fat free Greek Yogurt – Learn How To Make Greek Yogurt
- Fresh dill
How to Make Creamy Cucumber salad Recipe
Using a medium bowl, add the sliced cucumbers and the onions. Mix together.
Add the yogurt and dill to the bowl and mix together well, making sure everything coated well.
Add the salt and mix one last time.
Store in the refrigerator until time to serve.
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Recommended Weight Watchers Products
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe
- Using a medium bowl, add the sliced cucumbers and the onions.
- Mix together.
- Add the yogurt and dill to the bowl and mix together well, making sure everything coated well.
- Add the salt and mix one last time.
- Store in the refrigerator until time to serve.