BBQ drumsticks are the perfect summertime meal. They are easy to make and taste amazing. This BBQ Chicken Legs recipe is going to show you how to make these delicious bites of heaven! They’re easy to cook and they make a bunch of food.
BBQ Chicken Legs
When it comes to delicious summer dinners, you can not forget to include BBQ legs. These chicken drumsticks are delicious and juicy. As a bonus, they are incredibly easy to make. Topped with our homemade BBQ sauce, this is a recipe you have to try.
Instagram is one of my favorite places to be. Join us as we share our Perfectly Imperfect Life with recipes, crafts, parenting, and fun! Be sure to check out our stories for real-time fun!
What to Serve With BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
There are so many things that go perfectly with BBQ Chicken Drumsticks. One of my favorite things to serve with chicken legs is The Best Healthy Coleslaw Recipe Ever. The tanginess of it goes perfectly with the BBQ sauce. Another delicious option is The Best Broccoli Salad.This is one of my most requested recipes when we have friends over for dinner or picnics. Another light side dish for this chicken recipe is Cowboy Caviar Recipe. If you prefer potatoes with your legs, you can also add Tri-Color Rosemary Roasted Potatoes or Mashed Potatoes. If you are watching your points or carbs and want something like potatoes, you can try Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes Recipe with Garlic and Chives
What cut of chicken is best to use for oven bbq chicken?
I am using chicken legs. You could also use chicken wings, thighs or chicken breast. Since I love BBQ Drumsticks, that is my favorite cut of chicken. If you are using other cuts of chicken, you will need to adjust the cooking time but the rest will be the same.
How to Store Leftover Chicken
When you make these incredible chicken legs, you might have left overs that you want to save. You want to make sure you are keeping them in an airtight container or a storage bag. If you are keeping them in the baking dish, make sure you have wrapped them well, after they have cooled down. The BBQ drumsticks will last for about 5 days when stored properly.
How To Reheat Baked Chicken Drumsticks
These chicken legs can be reheated in the oven or the microwave. If I am only heating one or 2, I will reheat them in the microwave. If I am reheating a larger portion, I will reheat them in the oven. No matter how you are reheating the chicken, you want to make sure you heat them only long enough to heat them and not overheat them. You do not want them to dry out. You can also add more BBQ sauce to help prevent them from frying out.
How Much Does This Recipe Cost to Make
As of today, this recipe costs about 67 cents per serving, and a total of $6.67 to make the whole recipe. This is a great meal that is under $10 and perfect for a big family or when you need a budget friendly meal.
How Many Weight Watchers Points in this Recipe
My homemade BBQ sauce are higher in points because they are not sugar free. If you want to make this recipe using those, the points will be about (depending on the amount of sauce you use, I am counting it as 1/2 cup) is 9 points per serving on all plans.
If you make this recipe with sugar free barbecue sauce, the points are 8 points per serving on all plans.
New to WW? Trying to Decide on What Plan is Best? Use these guides to help. Everything You Need to Know about the Green Plan, Blue and Purple coming soon.
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step directions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- chicken drumsticks
- BBQ Sauce- You can use this incredible homemade BBQ Sauce recipe, this Barbecue Dark Cherry Sauce or use store bought.
How to Make BBQ Drumsticks
Spray a 9×13 casserole dish and set aside. Preheat oven to 375° Make the BBQ Sauce using the recipe or open the store bought barbecue sauce.
Wash and dry chicken drumsticks. Remove skin.
Place chicken in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove dish from oven and brush the chicken with the BBQ sauce and return to the oven for 10 minutes. Remove dish from oven, turn chicken over and brush the chicken with the BBQ sauce and return to the oven for 10 additional minutes.
Turn the oven to broil and place chicken under the broiler for 3-5 minutes, or until it just begins to darken. Remove and enjoy.
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Love Recipes? Join our Facebook Group, The Best Recipes Because Mama Loves to Eat
- 5-6 pounds chicken drumsticks
- Homemade BBQ Sauce or store bought
- Spray a 9×13 casserole dish and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Make the BBQ Sauce using the recipe or open the store bought barbecue sauce.
- Wash and dry chicken drumsticks.
- Remove skin.
- Place chicken in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven and brush the chicken with the BBQ sauce and return to the oven for 10 minutes. Remove dish from oven, turn chicken over and brush the chicken with the BBQ sauce and return to the oven for 10 additional minutes. Turn the oven to broil and place chicken under the broiler for 3-5 minutes, or until it just begins to darken.
- Remove and enjoy.