Looking for an Instant Pot Pork chops recipe? You can make these amazing boneless pork chops in the Instant Pot. The pork chops come out tender and moist and so good, you’ll want to make them all the time.
Instant Pot Pork Chops
I love pork chops but whenever I make them on the stove top, to get great flavor in them and make the pork chops tender, I have to braise them for what seems like forever. Being the “on the ball” mom that I am, half the time I am starting dinner at 5:30, 6:00 and when dinner takes a long time to cook, that means the kids are eating dinner as they are going to bed. That just doesn’t work. Let me introduce you to my secret weapon. The Instant Pot.
The Instant Pot is my best friend when it comes to making dinner like Instant Pot pork chops. Since there are times I have frozen meat to cook, because I forgot to take it out of the oven, or just because I want something to be really tender, I love my Instant Pot, or really any pressure cooker. If you are here looking at this recipe, chances are, you already have an Instant Pot or pressure cooker and you know the love.
Can you cook pork chops in the instant pot?
Yes. And it is really easy too. If you like to brown your pork chops first, and you should, then the Instant Pot also has a saute feature that lets you brown the pork chops right in the pot so that saves you from having more pots and pans to wash. Then you just put all the ingredients in the pressure cooker and set the cook time. It is a set and forget dinner but faster.
Looking for more Instant Pot Recipes?
- Instant Pot Beef Stew
- 50 Incredible Instant Pot Recipes
- Red Beans and Sausage Pressure Cooker Recipe
- 225 Best Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Instant Pot Boneless Pork Chops
How long do you cook boneless pork chops in a pressure cooker?
When I tell people how long to cook pork steak in the instant pot they are often surprised. I tried showing my mom the other day how long to cook pork chops in instant pot and she couldn’t wrap her head around the fact that it only takes 10 minutes to cook boneless pork chops in a pressure cooker. 10 minutes. Yep, that’s it. See why I like to make pork chops in the Instant Pot.
Related: 10 Amazing Pork Chop Recipes
How do you cook frozen boneless pork chops?
If you are like me and you forget to take the meat out of the freezer the night before, raise your hand. You are among friends, it’s ok. So now you have frozen pork chops and you are left wondering, how do you cook frozen boneless pork chop? With the Instant Pot or any pressure cooker, you can go from frozen to done easily. The cook time is the same, it just takes the pot longer to come to temperature, which means it takes longer to reach pressure. It is still easier than trying to thaw them. The only downside is, it is hard to brown the outside of frozen pork chops.
Looking for more pork chop recipes?
How do you defrost pork chops quickly?
If you need to thaw your pork chops, whether you want to cut them down into pieces first or you want to brown them, it is easy to thaw pork chops. I don’t like to thaw my meat in the microwave. I find that parts of it are always starting to cook and it just takes away from the meal. To thaw pork chops you have a few options. First is to remember to take them out the night before and leave them in the refrigerator. The second option is the microwave, which as I said, I don’t like. The third option is the best in my opinion because like I said, I never remember to take something out in time.
- Step one- You want to clear the sink and run the hottest water you can.
- Step two – Fill the sink with the hottest water you can, just enough to cover the pork chops.
- Step 3 – Put the frozen pork chops, still wrapped in the hot water to defrost. How long depends on how thick the pork chops are.
Once they are thawed, you can proceed to make the pork chops in the Instant Pot. However, you can cook frozen pork chops in the Instant Pot.
How Many Weight Watchers Points in Instant Pot Pork Chops
This recipe for Instant Pot pork chops makes 6 servings. If you are including the goat cheese in your final recipe, it comes to 5 points per serving. Or you can skip the goat cheese and make these Weight Watchers Instant Pot pork chops 3 points per serving.
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a Year’s Membership for the Price of a Month – Learn More About Healthi – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Boneless, thick-cut boneless pork chops
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Chicken broth
- Goat cheese
How to Make Instant Pot Pork Chops
Sprinkle pork chops on both sides with garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and set aside.
Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the Sauté function. Set to high and once the display reads “hot,” add half the pork chops and brown on each side, approximately 3 minutes per side. Transfer chops to a plate and repeat process with remaining chops.
Turn unit “off” and add the first batch of chops and chicken broth. Add the lid and set the pressure valve to “sealing.” Select the “Manual” cooking option on the high setting and set cook time to 10 minutes. When done cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
Remove lid and transfer chops to a serving platter. Add goat cheese to the Instant Pot® and stir until melted. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
Serve immediately with some of the sauce spooned over the chops. Enjoy!
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Instant Pot Boneless Pork Chops
- Sprinkle pork chops on both sides with garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and set aside.
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the Sauté function. Set to high and once the display reads “hot,” add half the pork chops and brown on each side, approximately 3 minutes per side. Transfer chops to a plate and repeat process with remaining chops.
- Turn unit “off” and add first batch of chops and chicken broth. Add the lid and set the pressure valve to “sealing.” Select the “Manual” cooking option on the high setting and set cook time to 10 minutes. When done cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and transfer chops to a serving platter. Add goat cheese to the Instant Pot® and stir until melted. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- Serve immediately with some of the sauce spooned over the chops. Enjoy!