Valentine’s Day Hot Cocoa Bombs are an absolute must to make with that special person in your life! What a better way to wind down a fun day together than enjoying a cup of hot chocolate with your significant other.
Valentine’s Day Hot Cocoa Bombs
If you haven’t heard by now, the hottest trend out there are Hot Chocolate Bombs. They are so easy to make that once you make them, you’ll be looking for countless other ways to make them. I love making them for different holidays, so you will also love to learn How to Make St. Patrick’s Day Hot Chocolate Bombs.
Since Valentines is right around the corner, it’s never too early to start planning your menu for that fun day. I love cooking dinner and making decadent desserts for my family. I have a few delicious recipes that are some of our favorites and they just might become yours. Like my Hershey Kiss Sugar Cookies, my Heart-Shaped Pizza, and my Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes.
What Can I Put Into a Hot Cocoa Bomb?
You can either add in homemade hot chocolate mix, pre-packaged hot cocoa mix, mini marshmallows, a splash of your favorite chocolate syrup, some chocolate candies, or additional sprinkles. There is really no limit to your imagination.
Ingredients & Supplies
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step instructions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- 1 cup Hot Chocolate Mix or two packets of Instant Hot Chocolate Mix
- 1 10 oz bag of Ghirardelli Melting Wafers
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- Valentines Sprinkles
- Pink Cookie Icing
How to Make a Valentine’s Day Hot Cocoa Bombs
Step 1: Make sure that you place the chocolate sphere mold in the freezer before you start melting the chocolate.
Step 2: Melt the chocolate.
Step 3: Carefully spoon the chocolate into the hot chocolate bomb mold. Make sure to cover each side of the mold.
Step 4: Place the mold back into the freezer.
Step 5: Once you remove the molds, carefully remove them from the silicone mold.
Step 6: Carefully smooth the rim of the bomb, add in your ingredients, then smooth the other bomb and place together.
Step 7: Decorate the top of the hot cocoa bombs with melting chocolate and sprinkles.
Step 8: When you are ready to use, add one of the chocolate spheres into a large mug, add milk, and enjoy.
Ready to Make these Fun DIY Valentines Hot Cocoa Bombs?
More Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipes
- Chinese New Year Hot Chocolate Bombs
- The Best Hocus Pocus Hot Chocolate Bombs
- How to Make St. Patrick’s Day Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Chocolate Bunny Face Cocoa Bombs
Valentines Day Hot Cocoa Bombs
- 6 hole Silicone Mold
- Double Boiler/Microwave
- 1 10 oz Ghirardelli Melting Chocolate Wafers
- 1 cup hot cocoa mix or two package store-bought
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Pink Cookie Icing
- Valentines Sprinkles
- Place the mold(s) into the freezer while you are melting the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate – you can either use a double boiler or you can use the microwave.
- Once the chocolate is melted, remove the candy molds from the freezer and place on a small baking sheet. Next, add 1 tbsp of the chocolate into the mold. Use your spoon to move the chocolate around the inside of the mold. Make sure that you apply the chocolate evenly.
- Repeat the process for the remainder of the molds. When you are done, lightly tap the mold(s) to get any air bubbles out.
- Place the mold on the baking sheet back into the freezer and let the chocolate spheres set up for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove the chocolate bomb molds from the freezer.
- Heat a plate in the microwave for approximately 60 seconds. Remove from the microwave then as you work on each mold, turn one of the bomb halves upside down and place it directly onto the hot plate for 5 to 10 seconds. You just want the rim to gently melt.
- Fill the molds with 1 tbsp of the hot cocoa mix and top with mini marshmallows.
- Then repeat the step to melt the rim of the bomb you are using to top your hot chocolate bomb.
- CAREFULLY press the two halves together.
- Repeat the process until all of the chocolate bombs are done.
- Use the pink cookie icing and drizzle that over the top of your hot chocolate bombs.
- Top with the sprinkles.
- To use the bomb, place it in a large mug, pour warm milk over it and stir until everything is mixed together and enjoy!