These Easy Black Bean Tacos are inexpensive, simply delicious and good for you. One bite of these amazing tacos and you are never going to miss the meat.
Easy Black Bean Tacos
Whether you are looking for an easy meatless dinner or a healthy Mexican dinner, these easy black bean tacos are a fantastic easy weeknight dinner. If you are looking for a simple easy lunch for the week, make a batch of these black bean tacos and eat it all week. Put the beans in a thermos and take them to work, send them to lunch with the kids or heat them at home.
Are Bean Tacos Healthy
These black beans are full of protein, packed with fiber and have such an amazing flavor, you will never know that these tacos are healthy.
How to Store This Black Bean Tacos Recipe
If you have leftovers of the black bean tacos recipe, you will want to store them in the refrigerator. Make sure to store them in an airtight container.
Are These Vegetarian Tacos with Black Beans
These vegetarian spicy black bean taco wraps are perfect for Meatless Mondays or anytime you want to get a plant-based meal on the table in around 20 minutes.
How Many Weight Watchers Points in Black Bean Tacos
Because the ingredients in this black bean tacos recipe are healthy, this is a great recipe for Weight Watchers. I am not including the optional topping in the points since these are not actual measurements on how much to add to the taco but rather you add how much you like. For most plans, this will be a 0 point meal however, this is not the case for the Green plan. Here are the points for Weight Watchers Black Bean Tacos according to each plan.
- Blue 0
- Purple 0
- Green 3
Looking for more recipes and support? Join our Winning with Weight Watchers Facebook Group.
Want more easy Weight Watchers dinners
- Weight Watchers Thai Basil Beef Pad Gra Prow
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Crockpot Skinny Orange Chicken Recipe
- Chicken Fajita Soup
- Salsa Chicken
What to Top These Black Bean Tacos With
When you are making these tacos, you might want something other than traditional salsa to top them. You can make a delicious mango salsa or homemade guacamole.
Ingredients in Easy Black Bean Tacos
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Black beans
- Ground cumin
- Chili powder
- Smoked paprika
- Cayenne pepper
- Mexican oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Homemade Guacamole
- Mango Salsa Iceberg, butter, or Romaine lettuce leaves for wrapping
How to Make Black Bean Tacos
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add beans, water, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, cayenne, and Mexican oregano. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
Cook, stirring occasionally until the beans are warmed through and the spices become fragrant around 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Transfer warm beans to a bowl and add diced bell pepper, if using. Sprinkle with additional spices, if desired. Serve immediately with large lettuce leaves for wrapping, along with fresh guacamole and this spicy mango salsa. Enjoy!
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month - Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites
Recommended Weight Watchers Products
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won't ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don't want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 15- oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 T. water
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. dried Mexican oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper finely diced
- Iceberg, butter, or Romaine lettuce leaves for wrapping
- Homemade Guacamole
- mango salsa
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add beans, water, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, cayenne, and Mexican oregano. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans are warmed through and the spices become fragrant, around 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Transfer warm beans to a bowl and add diced bell pepper, if using. Sprinkle with additional spices, if desired. Serve immediately with large lettuce leaves for wrapping, along with fresh guacamole and this spicy mango salsa. Enjoy!