Looking for a fun Grinch treat? These simple to make Grinch Pops, which are Grinch Rice Crispy Treats will be a hit whether you make them for the kids, for a party or for a get-together. I think even the Grinch's heart would grow with these easy Christmas treats.
Grinch Pops | Grinch Rice Krispie Treats
How many times have the come home from school and said, Oh I need a treat for the class party tomorrow? Um, what? And of course, the kids are horrified at the thought of a simple treat like a box of cookies. I have never understood. Well, if you need a simple classroom party treat, or a Christmas treat and need something that is easy to make, but will look amazing, these simple to make Grinch Pops are perfect.
Grinch Treat Idea
These Grinch Pops are made using store bought Rice Krispie treats. I am going to include the recipe for Rice Krispie treats in case you would rather make the treats yourself, or you can not find a box of Rice Krispie treats at the store.
The new Grinch movie just came out, and the girls have fallen in love with the Grinch all over again. I am still partial to the orginal Grinch cartoon, or if I am watching a live action version, the Grinch Movie with Jim Carey, because I mean, he is hysterical. We love watching Christmas movies, so we have both in our collection, and I plan on getting the new one when it comes out. For the adults watching the Grinch... try this Grinch Cocktail.
How to Store These Grinch Rice Krispie Treats
When you are making these Grinch treats, you want to make sure you store them in an airtight container or in a freezer bag. The Grinch Treats will last about 2 weeks before it goes bad.
Ingredients in Grinch Rice Crispy Treats
- Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats or scroll down for the Rice Krispies Recipe
- Wilton vibrant green candy melts
- Red heart sprinkles
- Popsicle sticks
- Small paring knife
How to Make Grinch Rice Krispie Treats
How to Make Rice Krispie Treats | How to Make Rice Crispie Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package of Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
In a large pan, melt butter. Add in the marshmallows. Once the marshmallows melt, take it off the heat. Stir in the cereal. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
Want more Christmas Fun?
- How to Say Merry Christmas in ASL
- Grinch Pops | Grinch Rice Krispie Treats
- Christmas Bark Recipe
- 100+ STEM Toys Gift Guide
- Peppermint Oreo Cupcake Recipe
- Easy Christmas Tree Craft
- 8 ct package of Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats
- 12 oz package Wilton vibrant green candy melts
- 16 red heart sprinkles
- 16 popsicle sticks
- Small paring knife
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Open the Rice Krispie Treats and discard the wrappers.
- Use the paring knife to cut each Rice Krispie Treat in half.
- Insert one popsicle stick into the bottom of each Rice Krispie Treat and place on the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge of 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the treats from the fridge and pour the vibrant green candy melts into a microwave safe dish. Heat in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring until melted.
- Dip each Grinch Bite into the melted chocolate, using a spoon to coat and allowing the excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl.
- Place the treat on the prepared baking sheet and place 1 red heart in the upper right.
- Repeat with all the Grinch Bites.