Looking for a great way to use leftover ham? This Ham Spread Recipe is so good it will become a fast favorite.
Ham Salad Spread
Whenever we would have a get-together or a family party, my grandmother always made ham spread. It is a simple ham spread dip that can be eaten on crackers or just about any way. Ham spread is left over ham recipe for those times when you are wondering what to do with it, like at Easter or after a ham dinner.
Deviled Ham Spread
While this is an old fashioned recipe, I have updated some of the ingredients so it is a kid-friendly deviled ham spread. So what makes this ham salad spread recipe “deviled”?
Devil: verb. (modern) The act of combining with mayonnaise and seasonings with every intention to serve as an appetizer.
So basically this ham salad recipe is deviled because it has mayo and seasoning. Which works for me because it is so good it should be a sin. (See what I did there? I heard you groan. It was a bad joke)
How to make Ham Spread?
Ham spread is easy to make. If you can chop ingredients, you can make this easy ham spread recipe.
3 cup cooked ham
3-4 hard-boiled eggs
3/4 cup mayonnaise – This is an estimate. It will depend on how much you like mayo.
2 tablespoons mustard
crackers, bread, tortilla or a pita pocket – Basically whatever you want to eat it with
Pro tip: If you want to make things simple when it comes to chopping the ingredients, use a food chopper. It makes things so much easier.
Chop the cooked ham into rough pieces, about bite-sized pieces. Traditionally, my grandmother would chop the ham really small and use a food processor. I didn’t like the patte consistency, so I chop mine a little bigger.
Pat dry pickles then chop into bite-sized just smaller than bite-sized.
Chop the onions and hard-boiled eggs into small pieces. Add it all into a bowl.
Add in the mayo and mustard and mix together.
Serve on crackers or as a sandwich.
Store in the fridge or serve immediately.
- Broccoli Apple Salad and Baked Ziti | Easy Kid Approved Dinner
- Kicking Spicy Chicken Salad
- Broccoli Salad Recipe
- Amish Potato Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Tuna Salad with Raisins
Ham Salad Spread
- 3 cup cooked ham
- 2-3 pickles
- 1/2 onion
- 3-4 hard-boiled eggs
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise - This is an estimate. It will depend on how much you like mayo.
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- crackers bread, tortilla or a pita pocket
- Chop the cooked ham into rough pieces, about bite sized pieces. Traditionally, my grandmother would chop the ham really small and use a food processor. I didn't like the patte consistancy, so I chop mine a little bigger.
- Pat dry pickles then chop into bite sized just smaller than bite-sized.
- Chop the onions and hard-boiled eggs into small pieces. Add it all into a bowl.
- Add in the mayo and mustard and mix together.
- Serve on crackers or as a sandwich.
- Store in the fridge or serve immediately.