Do you like to make puppets? Paper Plate Monkey Puppet (or paper bag) is a fun and easy way to create your own puppet! It’s perfect for kids of all ages. Make your own monkey with this simple paper plate craft project that will have everyone laughing! This is an excellent activity for children who are learning about animals in school, love monkeys or just like to play pretend. They’ll love making their very own puppet and playing with them afterwards too!
Instagram is one of favorite places to be. Join us as we share our Perfectly Imperfect Life with recipes, crafts, parenting and fun! Be sure to check out our stories for real time fun!
Paper Plate Monkey Face Puppet
Puppets are super fun and entertaining for all ages. Puppets have a great way of putting a smile on a child’s face, especially if their favorite animal is a Monkey. Maybe you have a child whose party is jungle-themed or just needs a craft to pass the time, well this Paper Plate Puppet will be the best idea for you!
So adorable and fun to make, the supplies list is short which makes this craft super affordable and easy on the wallet! Your kids will have so much fun getting creative and personalizing their own monkey.
Do I have to use the templates for This Puppets?
In the supplies list is a set of materials that you will need and can use. There is a template that will help you and your child with making the craft. You can make your own design, but this printable makes it simple to cut out and have the Monkey ready for you in minutes.
What if I don’t have a paper plate?
It is ok if you do not have a paper plate. You can turn tons of objects into a cute little Monkey. If you have a paper bag, cardboard, or even a simple sheet of paper. All of these materials will work for this craft.
I am also showing how to make this monkey as a paper bag puppet as well. You can use either one to make it easy to make this puppet.
What can kids do with a paper plate monkey puppet?
Kids can have so much fun with their puppet. Your child can set up their own puppet show and make a skit using their puppet. They can also pretend they’re Monkey and roam through the jungle on a marvelous adventure. Get creative and you will have a bunch of possibilities.
Join Our Easy Budget Crafts Group to get even more great ideas and connect with others who love to craft.
- Paper Plate- This will be the base for the Monkey’s head.
- Paper- You will need brown paper for this craft.
- Pencil- This will be used to trace.
- Glue- This will be used to attach the materials together.
- Scissors- You can use craft scissors for safety or have a parent cut the pieces needed.
- Popsicle Stick- This can be used if desired to hold up the puppet.
- Template- Download the Monkey templates or get them separately as pngs- Monkey Brown, Monkey eyes, Monkeyface
How to Make Paper Plate Monkey Puppet
First, you can set up the template using a print and cut option like (Circut Explore), you will be using the PNG images.
Second, upload the images to your computer and use the scissors to cut out the pieces according to the manufacturer’s directions.
Thirdly, set up the image size as follows:
Face and ears = 11 inches in width
White eyes = 4 inches in width
Black eyes and nostrils = 3 inches in width
If you choose to not use the print and cut option, then just print the PDF out and use the scissors to cut each section.
Next, put the plate on top of the brown paper, and trace it using a pencil.
After, use the scissors to cut around the edge of the edge.
Next, use glue to connect the paper and plate with the sides overlapping to fit into the curve of the plate.
Now, take the pieces that you printed out and glue them to your Monkey’s head.
Finally, attach the popsicle stick to the paper plate with glue or tape, if desired.
To Finish, let the craft sit and dry thoroughly before enjoying or placing somewhere as a display.
More Simple Craft Ideas
- Mama and Baby Bird Nest Craft
- DIY Halloween Pom Pom Ghost Craft
- Flower Pot DIY Bird Bath Craft
- Nautical Seashell Picture Frame Craft
- Unicorn Horn Craft
Are you on Facebook? We are too. Join us as we share our Perfectly Imperfect Life with recipes, crafts, parenting and fun!
Paper Plate Monkey Puppet is a fun and easy way to create your own puppet! It's perfect for kids of all ages. Make your own monkey with this simple paper plate craft project that will have everyone laughing!
- 1 Paper plate
- Brown Paper
- Popsicle Stick, If desired
- Download the Monkey templates or get them separately as pngs- Monkey Brown, Monkey eyes, Monkeyface
- To use a print and cut device (such as Cricut Explore), use PNG images. Upload to your machine software and cut according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Resize the pieces as follows:
- Face and ears = 11 inches in width
- White eyes = 4 inches in width
- Black eyes and nostrils = 3 inches in width
- If not using the print and cut option, print the PDF and cut pieces apart.
- Trace the paper plate on a piece of brown paper. Cut the circle from the paper. Cut slits around the edge of the edge. Glue the paper to the paper plate with the edges overlapping as needed to fit the curve of the paper plate. Allow the plate to dry completely.
- Decorate the paper plate by attaching pieces with glue.
- Glue or tape the paper plate to the popsicle stick, if desired.
- Allow the craft to dry completely before playing or displaying.