This No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Icebox Cake is so easy to make, you will want to make it again and again! The hardest part is waiting for it to chill in the fridge, but trust me, it is worth the wait!
Instagram is one of my favorite places to be. Join us as we share our Perfectly Imperfect Life with recipes, crafts, parenting, and fun! Be sure to check out our stories for real-time fun!
Easy Icebox Cake with Oreos
This Easy Icebox Cake with Oreos recipe is perfect for any occasion. It’s simple to make and requires minimal ingredients – so it’s great for when you want something sweet but don’t have a lot of time and you never need to turn on the oven.
Plus, the chocolate Oreos and vanilla cream flavors are always a hit with guests. Serve this cake at your next party or gathering and everyone will love it!
What is an Icebox Cake?
An Icebox Cake, like Lemon Icebox Cake, is a dessert that is layered with a base and a pudding-like filling. In most cases, the icebox cake base is graham crackers. Then the filling is a type of pudding or other filling that you can make from scratch. The cake is assembled with one layer of base then a layer of filling and it is repeated for the rest of the ingredients. As the cake sits in the refrigerator, the crackers soften and the cake is formed.
Why are they called icebox cake?
The term “Icebox Cake” comes from the time when refrigerators were called an Icebox. An Icebox was a small room that had a large block of ice in it and food was stored on shelves in this room to keep it cool.
Nowadays, we have refrigerators but the name is still the same.
Love Recipes? Join our Facebook Group, The Best Must Try Recipes, Easy Delicious Recipes for Everyone
How do you make an Oreo fridge cake?
This simple Oreo Icebox Cake is a combination of a cream filling, cream cheese, graham cracker and Oreos. Everything gets layered together and stored in the refrigerator. This softens the graham crackers and Oreo cookies and gives it a cake like texture.
Does an Icebox Cake go in the fridge or the freezer?
This no bake dessert goes in the fridge. An Icebox cake need to be refrigerated so that the crackers and cookies can soften. You can freeze an icebox cake once it has come together and softened
Can you make an Oreo Icebox Cake ahead of time?
Absolutely! This is a great dessert to make ahead of time. I would recommend making it the day before you plan on serving it so that it has plenty of time to set up in the fridge.
How long does Oreo cheesecake icebox cake last in the refrigerator?
This cake will last in the fridge for 3-5 days. I would recommend eating it within the first few days for the best taste and texture.
Can you freeze an Oreo Ice Box Cake?
Yes, you can freeze an Oreo icebox cake. I would recommend freezing it before adding any topping besides the chocolate layer. So, assemble the cake and then wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for up to 2 months. When you are ready to eat it, thaw it overnight in the fridge.
Are you on Facebook? We are too. Join us as we share our Perfectly Imperfect Life with recipes, crafts, parenting, and fun!
What else can I add to this Oreo Icebox Cake?
There are so many things that you could add to this cake! Here are a few ideas:
-Add a layer of chocolate syrup between the graham crackers and the filling for a chocolate lovers dream cake.
-Add a layer of fresh berries for a pop of color and flavor.
-Top the cake with whipped cream or cool whip and more crush Oreo!
Variations to Icebox Cake with Oreos
Change the flavor of the filling. I am using vanilla but you can make it chocolate for a double chocolate ice box cake. You can use mint and pair it with mint Oreos. Make
More great tasting desserts:
- Lemon Dump Cake
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins
- Instant Pot Pineapple Cherry Dump Cake
- Broiled Angel Food Cake
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step instructions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Graham crackers
- Cream cheese
- Instant vanilla pudding
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Lemon juice
- Vanilla extract
- Semi sweet chocolate bars
- Heavy cream
How to Make Oreo Cheesecake Icebox Cake
Make the Cheesecake Filling
Using a large mixing bowl and a hand mixer beat, on high speed, the cream cheese until smooth. Add vanilla pudding and milk and beat well.
Scrape down the bowl and add condensed milk, slowly.
Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla until it well combined. Divide into 3rds and set aside.
Make the No Bake Oreo Icebox Cake
Break the graham cracker in pieces so that there are 40 pieces. Place 10 of them on the bottom of the 8*8 baking dish.
Break or chop the Oreos into smaller pieces. Sprinkle 1/4 of them over the the graham crackers.
Add one section of the cream cheese mixture.
Do this again two times making 3 layers of crackers, cookies and cream mixture.
Add another layer of graham crackers on top and place it in the refrigerator.
Heat the cream in a pot over medium heat until just simmering.
While the is heating, chop it into very small pieces.
Remove the cream from the heat and add the chocolate to the cream.
Let it sit for 1 minutes.
Stir together until smooth.
Remove the cake from the refrigerator and pour the chocolate ganache over the top.
Sprinkle with the remaining Oreos.
Refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
Enjoy. For a special treat, top with ice cream
More Dessert Recipes
- Heart Angel Food Cakes
- The Best Ever Easy Monkey Bread Recipe
- Lemon Dump Cake Recipe
- Easy Funnel Cake Recipe
Oreo Cheesecake Icebox Cake
- 2 sleeves Graham Crackers 20 sheets graham crackers
- 15 OREOS 15-20 OREOS
No Bake Cheesecake Filling
- 8 ounce cream cheese room temperature
- 3.5 ounce instant vanilla pudding
- 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk 1 1/4 cups
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces high quality semi-sweet chocolate bars finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
Make the Cheesecake Filling
- Using a mixing bowl and a mixer beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add vanilla pudding and milk and beat well.
- Scrape down the bowl and add condensed milk, slowly.
- Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla until it well combined. Divide into 3rds and set aside.
Make the Cake
- Break the graham cracker in pieces so that there are 40 pieces. Place 10 of them on the bottom of the 8*8 baking dish.
- Break or chop the Oreos into smaller pieces. Sprinkle 1/4 of them over the the graham crackers.
- Add one section of the cheesecake filling.
- Do this again two times making 3 layers.
- Add another layer of graham crackers on top and place it in the refrigerator.
- Heat the cream in a pot over medium heat until just simmering.
- While the is heating, chop it into very small pieces.
- Remove the cream from the heat and add the chocolate to the cream.
- Let it sit for 1 minutes.
- Stir together until smooth.
- Remove the cake from the refrigerator and pour the chocolate ganache over the top.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Oreos.
- Refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.