A Sausage Hash Brown Casserole is a savory breakfast dish that is not only flavorful but hearty. This breakfast casserole is full of eggs and sausage and will be a hit at the breakfast table. If you are looking for a breakfast idea for dinner type of dish, this delicious hash brown casserole is the one.
Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
There is just something about savory breakfast dishes that really start the morning off right. I don’t know about you or your family, however, mine loves hearty breakfasts; especially on those lazy weekend mornings. If your family loves breakfast as much as mine does, here are a few of my family’s favorites that may quickly become yours as well. My Fried Potatoes are the perfect side dish to serve for breakfast. My Easy Egg Quiche is an easy dish that is always a favorite. This recipe for Berry Pancakes is simply scrumptious. The fact that you make them on a sheet pan makes them even better!
What you Need to Make this Hash Brown Potato Casserole
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step directions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Ground turkey sausage
- Frozen shredded hash browns
- Almond milk
- Shredded fat free cheese
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
FAQ About This Recipe
You definitely can. That way you can ensure they are cooked perfectly.
Yes you can. Then put into the oven and bake when you are ready to enjoy it.
Preheat your oven to 325. Cover the casserole with foil and heat 20 – 25 minutes or until it’s thoroughly heated through.
Prepare as directed, except do not bake it. Cover with plastic wrap then foil and store in a freezer safe container for up to three months. When you are ready to enjoy it, just unthaw it in the fridge and then prepare in the oven as directed.
How Much Does This Recipe Cost to Make
As of today, this recipe costs about $1.29 per serving, and a total of $12.86 to make the whole recipe. This recipe makes 10 servings.
How Many Points Are In This Sausage Egg Hash Brown Casserole
When you make this recipe using no added butter or oil and use low fat turkey breast sausage and fat free cheese, this recipes comes in at:
|Weight Watchers Plans||Points|
|Carb Conscious||coming soon|
|Calorie Command||coming soon|
|Keeping Keto||coming soon|
|Conquer Cravings||coming soon|
New to WW? Trying to Decide on What Plan is Best? Use these guides to help. Everything You Need to Know about the Green Plan, Blue and Purple coming soon.
Save Money on Weight Watchers. One Year on iTrackBites for about the cost of 1 month on Weight Watchers. All the same plans and points. Use code
Code_DebiMurray to save
- Recipe cost: $12.86
- Total servings: 10
- Serving size:9 ounces
- Cost per serving: 1.29
How to Make Hash Brown Casserole
Step 1: Prepare your baking dish and preheat the oven.
Step 2: Thoroughly cook the sausage and after draining it, set it aside.
Step 3: In a small bowl, whisk together the spices, eggs, and milk.
Step 4: In the skillet you used for the sausage, cook the hash browns.
Step 5: On top of the cooked hash browns, add the sausage on top then the egg mixture.
Step 6: Sprinkle cheese generously all over the top.
Step 7: Bake.
Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
- 1 lb ground turkey sausage
- 24 oz. frozen shredded hash browns
- 8 eggs large
- 2 c almond milk
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese fat free
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1/2 t onion powder
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking oil and set aside
- Using a large skillet, cook the sausage until no longer pink, drain, and set aside (we had leftover in the freezer, so ours was already cooked in the in-process photos)
- In a medium size bowl, combine the eggs, milk and spices and whisk together.
- Using the same skillet, brown the hash browns.
- Press the hash browns into the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the cooked sausage onto the top of the hash browns.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the sausage.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top of the mixture.
- Bake in your oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the eggs are firm and the hash browns are golden brown. Remove and allow to cool slightly before cutting.