Do you like Chicken Corn Chowder? You will love this simple slow cooker recipe.
Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Chowder
I am obsessed with Chicken Corn Chowder from Wawa, a convenience store in my area. I had never had chicken corn chowder before Wawa, and now all I can think is all the years I was missing out. This is a creamy soup that is also hearty with a slight bite. The only problem when I buy chicken corn chowder? I have to share with the kids. That is why I needed to start making this copy cat of Wawa’s chicken corn chowder.
I love being able to use my slow cooker for soup. It makes my life easier. I love being able to throw in the ingredients and then go about my day. When it is getting close to dinner, I add in the last few ingredients. Dinner is done nice and easy. Chicken corn chowder works great in the slow cooker. And it makes the house smell amazing.
With this tasty chicken corn chowder recipe, the kids will love it even if they tend to be a little fussy. Even my fussiest daughter will beg for my soup. If she likes it, it usually means everyone will like it.
Tips for making Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Chowder:
- Whenever I make anything in the slow cooker, I like to use liners. It makes clean up a breeze. That’s the whole point of the slow cooker, it is easy.
- I recommend a great cutting board. Well several to be exact. You should have one for meats, one for onions and garlic and one for everything else. I love wood ones personally. This cutting board set is naturally anti-microbial.
- Make a large batch of this soup, eat it for a few days and then freeze it.
Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Chowder
Weight Watchers points: 10 Points when using vegetable broth/ low fat cream cheese/ whole milk the store version is about 15 points
1 pound of cooked chicken breast
2- 14oz cans of cream style corn
1- 14oz can of sweet corn, drained
2 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
4oz pimentos, diced and drained
1 stalk of carrots, peeled and diced
1 stalk of celery, peeled and diced
2 cups of chicken broth
1 teaspoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
8oz of cream cheese, cubed
16oz of heavy whipping cream
Top with Old Bay Seasoning if desired
- To a slow cooker, add all ingredients except for the cream cheese and heavy whipping cream. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- During the last twenty minutes, lower the heat to low.
- Shred the chicken.
- Add the whipping cream and cream cheese.
- Stir everything around.
- Once the twenty minutes are up stir well to ensure there are no clumps of cream cheese.
Note: Dice veggies to about double the size of the corn kernel.
- 1 pound of chicken breast
- 2- 14 oz cans of cream style corn
- 1- 14 oz can of sweet corn drained
- 2 russet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 4 oz pimentos diced and drained
- 1 stalk of carrots peeled and diced
- 1 stalk of celery peeled and diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz cream cheese cubed
- 16 oz heavy whipping cream
- Old Bay Seasoning
To a slow cooker, add all ingredients except for the cream cheese and heavy whipping cream. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours. During the last twenty minutes, lower the heat to low or warm and shred the chicken before adding the whipping cream and cream cheese. Stir everything around. Once the twenty minutes are up stir well to ensure there are no clumps of cream cheese. Serve.