If you love whipping up a hearty pot of soup, then our Wawa copycat inspired Corn Chowder recipe is for you! This Chicken Corn Chowder has everything you want in a chowder. It’s hearty, savory, full of yummy ingredients, and it’s easy to make.
I am obsessed with the Chicken Corn Chowder from Wawa, which is a convenience store in my area. I had never had chicken corn chowder before Wawa, and now all I can think is all the years I was missing out.
This is a creamy soup that is also hearty with a slight bite.
You will find the complete breakdown of all of the ingredients that you will need to make this recipe at the bottom of the post in the recipe card. However, here are a few of the key ingredients that you will need to make this recipe.
- Cooked chicken breast or raw
- Cream style corn and regular corn
- Sweet corn
- Russet potatoes
- Fat Free Cream cheese
- Heavy whipping cream or FF Half and Half
- Diced tomatoes with green chilies
If you are using a slow cooker and using raw chicken breast, add in all of the ingredients EXCEPT the cream cheese and heavy whipping cream. Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or until the chicken is done or on low for 6 to 8 hours or until the chicken is done.
If you are using a Dutch oven, you will find complete instructions in the recipe card below.
- In lieu of using fresh chicken breast, you can use canned chicken or pick up a rotisserie chicken.
- You can use regular cream cheese if you’d prefer.
- You can leave out the pimentos if you aren’t a fan.
- Add in some cooked chopped bacon to really change things up.
- You can also omit the chicken and use chopped up ham.
- Top the chowder with tortilla strips to add extra crunch.
- Whenever I make anything in the slow cooker, I like to use liners. It makes clean up a breeze. That’s the whole point of the slow cooker, it is easy.
- I recommend a great cutting board. Well, several to be exact. You should have one for meats, one for onions and garlic and one for everything else. I love wood ones personally. This cutting board set is naturally anti-microbial.
- Make a large batch of this soup, eat it for a few days and then freeze it.
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a Year’s Membership for the Price of a Month – Learn More About Healthi – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Want More Weight Watchers Recipes?
- Drunkard Noodles- Thai Drunken Noodles with Rice Noodles- Easy $10 Dinner
- Chicken Parmesan
- Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
- Asian Shrimp
- Salsa Chicken
- Weight Watchers Pizza with Pepperoni
- Creamy Chicken and Gnocchi Recipe
How Many Weight Watchers Points in Chicken Corn Chowder
The Wawa version of this soup is 20 plus points.
According to the Blue Plan, if you make the recipe as it is written, using all of the full fat versions it is 17 points per serving.
If you change the cream cheese to fat free cream cheese, you get 13 points. Now if you want to decrease the points significantly, you can use this:
Blue Plan– Use fat free cream cheese and fat free half and half. At 8 servings per recipe it comes in at 7 points.
If you reduce the creamed corn to 1 can (14 ounces), the points are 4 points.
Green Plan– Use fat free cream cheese and fat free half and half. At 8 servings per recipe it comes in at 8 points.
If you reduce the creamed corn to 1 can (14 ounces), the points are 7 points.
Purple Plan– Use fat free cream cheese and fat free half and half. At 8 servings per recipe it comes in at 3 points.
If you reduce the creamed corn to 1 can (14 ounces), the points are 2 points.
Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Chowder
- large spoon
- Dutch oven or slow cooker
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast
- 28 oz cream style corn
- 14 oz sweet corn drained
- 2 russet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 4 oz pimentos diced and drained, optional
- 1 stalks carrots peeled and diced
- 1 stalks celery peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz fat free cream cheese cubed
- 16 oz heavy whipping cream
- 12 ounces can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 cups chicken broth
- In a slow cooker, add in all of the ingredients except for the cream cheese and heavy whipping cream.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- During the last twenty minutes, lower the heat to low or warm and shred the chicken before adding the whipping cream and cream cheese.
- Stir everything around.
- Once the twenty minutes are up stir well to ensure there are no clumps of cream cheese.
Using Canned chicken or Rotisserie chicken
- This will cook quicker if you use canned chicken or rotisserie chicken. Add everything together EXCEPT the cream cheese and the heavy whipping cream and cook on low for four hours so the flavors can combine.
- Add in the heavy whipping cream and cream cheese and stir well until all of the cream cheese has melted. Serve.
- If you are using the Dutch oven instead of the slow cooker, boil the chicken in a large pot until it's done.
- Remove the chicken and place on a large plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add in a teaspoon of butter or olive oil or even a splash of chicken broth to deglaze the pot. Then sauté the garlic and onions together until the onions are translucent.
- Next add in the reminder of the ingredients, including the chicken, EXCEPT the cream cheese and heavy whipping cream.
- Let everything cook together for 20 minutes so all of the flavors have time to marry together. Then add in the cream cheese and whipping cream.
- Ladle and serve.