Do you like Chicken Corn Chowder? You will love this simple slow cooker chicken corn chowder. This is an amazing Wawa copycat Corn Chowder recipe.
Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Chowder
I am obsessed with Chicken Corn Chowder from Wawa, a convenience store in my area. I had never had chicken corn chowder before Wawa, and now all I can think is all the years I was missing out. This is a creamy soup that is also hearty with a slight bite. The only problem when I buy chicken corn chowder? I have to share with the kids. That is why I needed to start making this copy cat of Wawa’s chicken corn chowder.
I love being able to use my slow cooker for soup. It makes my life easier. I love being able to throw in the ingredients and then go about my day. When it is getting close to dinner, I add in the last few ingredients. Dinner is done nice and easy. Chicken corn chowder works great in the slow cooker. And it makes the house smell amazing.
With this tasty chicken corn chowder recipe, the kids will love it even if they tend to be a little fussy. Even my fussiest daughter will beg for my soup. If she likes it, it usually means everyone will like it.
Tips for making Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Chowder:
- Whenever I make anything in the slow cooker, I like to use liners. It makes clean up a breeze. That’s the whole point of the slow cooker, it is easy.
- I recommend a great cutting board. Well, several to be exact. You should have one for meats, one for onions and garlic and one for everything else. I love wood ones personally. This cutting board set is naturally anti-microbial.
- Make a large batch of this soup, eat it for a few days and then freeze it.
Looking for other soup recipes? Try Turkey Rice Soup, Beef Rice Soup or Irish Chicken and Dumplings Stew
How Many Weight Watchers Points in Chicken Corn Chowder
The Wawa version of this soup is 20 plus points.
According to the Blue Plan, if you make the recipe as it is written, using all of the full fat versions it is 17 points per serving. If you change the cream cheese to fat free cream cheese, you get 13 points. Now if you want to decrease the points significantly, you can use this:
Blue Plan– Use fat free cream cheese and fat free half and half. At 8 servings per recipe it comes in at 7 points.
If you reduce the creamed corn to 1 can (14 ounces), the points are 4 points.
Green Plan– Use fat free cream cheese and fat free half and half. At 8 servings per recipe it comes in at 8 points.
If you reduce the creamed corn to 1 can (14 ounces), the points are 7 points.
Purple Plan– Use fat free cream cheese and fat free half and half. At 8 servings per recipe it comes in at 3 points.
If you reduce the creamed corn to 1 can (14 ounces), the points are 2 points.
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a Year’s Membership for the Price of a Month – Learn More About Healthi – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Want More Weight Watchers Recipes?
- Drunkard Noodles- Thai Drunken Noodles with Rice Noodles- Easy $10 Dinner
- Chicken Parmesan
- Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
- Asian Shrimp
- Salsa Chicken
- Weight Watchers Pizza with Pepperoni
- Creamy Chicken and Gnocchi Recipe
Ingredients in Chicken Corn Chowder
- Cooked chicken breast
- Cream style corn
- Sweet corn
- Russet potatoes
- Chicken broth
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Fat Free Cream cheese
- Heavy whipping cream or FF Half and Half
- Old Bay Seasoning
How to Make Wawa Chicken Corn Chowder
To a slow cooker, add all ingredients except for the cream cheese and heavy whipping cream. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
During the last twenty minutes, lower the heat to low.
Shred the chicken.
Add the whipping cream and cream cheese.
Stir everything around.
Once the twenty minutes are up stir well to ensure there are no clumps of cream cheese.
Note: Dice veggies to about double the size of the corn kernel.
Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Chowder
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast
- 28 oz cream style corn
- 14 oz sweet corn drained
- 2 russet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 4 oz pimentos diced and drained
- 1 stalks carrots peeled and diced
- 1 stalks celery peeled and diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz fat free cream cheese cubed
- 16 oz heavy whipping cream
- Old Bay Seasoning
- To a slow cooker, add all ingredients except for the cream cheese and heavy whipping cream. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours. During the last twenty minutes, lower the heat to low or warm and shred the chicken before adding the whipping cream and cream cheese. Stir everything around. Once the twenty minutes are up stir well to ensure there are no clumps of cream cheese. Serve.
How much old Bay gets put in?
It is to taste. So there is no set amount
So I’m a bit confused. What is the 5 pt WW part?
Im not sure what you mean
Need help please.Your notes say, “When you following the Weight Watchers suggestion to this recipe, it is 5 points per serving. “, so what are the WW suggestions for this recipe? Thank you!
They are mentioned inside the post. Right above the ingredients
Did anyone understand or find the WW 5pt version?
I have updated it all to make it more clear