Breakfast is very important. But mornings are hard when you are short on time. Omelet in a mug is a quick break idea. Try this delicious spinach and feta omelet in a mug.
Making a Mug Omelet
I have never been much of a morning person. I guess not wanting to eat breakfast goes hand and hand with that. Since I never want to get up any earlier than I have to, cooking is not what I want to do as soon as I wake up. Making a microwave omelet in a mug takes no time. Then I can have a healthy breakfast and out the door doing whatever is on the calendar for that day.
Another favorite is sausage and cheese lightened up eggs in a mug. It is another mug omelet recipe that has fewer calories and fat than a traditional sausage and cheese omelet.
When you make a microwave omelet in a mug, there are so many ways to change it up. You can add in just about anything that you like eating in your eggs.
More Microwave Mug Recipes
Microwave Mug Omelet
Since there are so many ways to make a microwave mug omelet, you can have something different every morning. Whether you are just trying to eat better, or looking to lose weight, these simple breakfast ideas make it easy to stay on track. Make a new mug omelet recipe every day of the week.
Spinach and Feta Omelette in a Mug
This spinach and feta omelet in a mug recipe helps you add some veggies to your breakfast. While I only add 4-5 leaves, you can certainly add more if you like.
How Many Weight Watchers Point is this?
Since it is only 1 Weight Watchers point (on blue and purples, green coming soon) , it feels like a treat or cheating thanks to the richness of the Feta cheese. I am not including the butter since this is optional and it can easily be left out, we do, but some people need to have it.
*This post has been edited recently do to an error in the calculations and because I forgo to include the WW variations*
New to WW? Trying to Decide on What Plan is Best? Use these guides to help. Everything You Need to Know about the Green Plan, Blue and Purple coming soon.
Ingredients for Spinach and Feta Omelet in a Mug
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step directions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Fat Free Feta cheese
- Fresh spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Lite Butter (optional- not included in WW points)
How to Make Spinach and Feta Omelet in a Mug
Spray your large mug with cooking spray.
Mix together the butter, eggs, feta cheese, and fresh spinach.
Microwave for 1 minute. Stir a little and then microwave for 1.5 minutes more.
Top with more feta cheese and salt and pepper to taste!
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Spinach and Feta Omelet in a Mug
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fat free feta cheese
- 4-5 fresh spinach leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp lite butter (optional) skip for WW points
- Spray your large mug with cooking spray.
- Mix together the eggs, feta cheese, and fresh spinach.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Stir a little and then microwave for 1.5 minutes more.
- Top with more feta cheese and salt and pepper to taste!