Have you tried the Best Cosmic Brownie Cake Ever? If you’re looking for a dessert that is both delicious and easy to make, then this Cosmic Brownie Cake is just the thing. It’s simple enough to whip up in a pinch and it doesn’t require any special ingredients or equipment. The best part of all? This cake tastes like your favorite brownies from childhood, but with a twist!
Best Cosmic Brownie Cake Ever
Cosmic brownie cake is sure to bring back memories of you as a child enjoying a delicious cosmic brownie while you sit and watch cartoons. This cake is filled with creamy and smooth chocolate frosting. Topped with sprinkles and some cut of cosmic brownies add for more texture. This brownie birthday cake is great to make for a birthday or any other special occasion.
- Cake Mix- You will need a triple chocolate cake mix for this recipe.
- Eggs- These will need to be used at room temperature.
- Milk- You will need whole milk for this recipe.
- Butter- You will need unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Cocoa Powder- You should use Hershey’s brand for the best flavoring.
- Powdered Sugar– This is the best sugar for homemade icing.
- Vanilla– Use pure extract for the best flavoring.
- Cosmic Brownies- These will be added on top of the cake.
- Sprinkles- You will need a chocolate rainbow crunch for the sprinkles.
How to Make Cosmic Brownie Cake
Set your oven to 350 degrees and use pam to grease a cake pan.
Start by adding the cake mix, eggs, milk, and butter into a standing mixer and beat until smooth and combined.
Separate the batter into 3 pans and place into the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean.
Take the pans out of the oven and let them cool thoroughly.
How to Make Whipped Chocolate Ganache Frosting
Mix all of the frosting ingredients into a standing mixer and combine until smooth and stiff peaks form.
Scoop about 1 1/2 C of frosting into a piping bag and place it aside.
How to Decorate Chocolate Cake
Cut the domes off the top of the cake to make them level using a cake leveler.
Put one of the cakes onto the cake board.
Dollop about 1 1/2 C of frosting on top of the cake layer and use a spatula to smooth out.
Next, place another layer of cake on top and repeat with the frosting and smooth out with a spatula.
Top the last layer of cake onto the second layer and top with the rest of the frosting.
Place a cake stand in the center of a cookie sheet and put the cake on top.
Add some of the sprinkles onto the bottom layer of the cake.
Put the cake into the fridge for 1 hour to let the frosting firm up.
Pipe some more dollops of frosting onto the top of the cake.
Finally, place some halves of the cosmic brownies on top, in between the frosting dollops.
How to Store Chocolate Brownie Cake?
Storing your cake is easy! You can place your cake in an airtight cake container or you can leave it at room temperature if you think you and your guests will eat it all almost immediately. You can also store it in the fridge to last up to a week.
Can This Brownie Cake Recipe Be Made into Cupcakes?
The brownie cake is made into cupcakes. You can portion out the batter into a cupcake pan and bake. Then, you can make your frosting and top the finished cupcakes off with it. After that is done, you can place some cosmic brownies on top with some sprinkles.
How Long Does Cosmic Brownie Cake Last?
How long your cake lasts depends on where it is stored. If left at room temperature, you will want to consume it sooner rather than later. If stored in the fridge, this recipe can last up to a week.
What Size Cake Pan to Use?
The Cosmic Brownie Cake calls for a round cake pan. The size of the cake pan you will need is a 9 inch round cake pan. The batter will bake in the pan, then you will cut the domes of the cake off with a cake leveler.
More Cake Recipes
- The Most Amazing Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
- How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake
- Easy to Make Caramel Apple Sheet Cake
- How to Make Decadent Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
Best Cosmic Brownie Cake Ever
- 2 boxes triple chocolate cake mix
- 6 large eggs
- 2 C whole milk
- ⅔ C unsalted butter softened
Chocolate Frosting ingredients
- 4 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1 C Hershey’s cocoa powder
- 8 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large piping bag fitted with a star tip
- Cosmic Brownies
- 3 C chocolate rainbow crunch sprinkles
Chocolate Cake Direction
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray cake pans with pam baking spray, set aside
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the cake mix, eggs, milk, and butter until smooth and combined
- Split the batter between the 3 pans and bake for 25 -30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Once baked, remove from oven and allow to cool completely
Chocolate Frosting directions
- Using a standing mixer, beat all ingredients until combined, smooth and stiff peaks form
- Scoop about 1 1/2 C frosting into the piping bag and set it aside
Building the cake directions
- Using the cake leveler, cut the domes of the cake rounds to make them leveled
- Place one cake round onto the cake board
- Scoop 1 1/2 C of the chocolate frosting onto the top of the cake and smooth evenly with the angled spatula
- Place another cake round on top of the first one
- Scoop another 1 1/2 C of the chocolate frosting onto the second cake round and smooth evenly
- Place the third cake round on top of the second one
- Scoop the remaining chocolate frosting onto the top of the cake and frost the entire cake
- Place cake on a cake stand in the middle of a cookie sheet
- Sprinkle some of the rainbow sprinkles around the bottom of the cake
- Place cake into the fridge for an hour to allow the frosting to firm up
- Pipe dollops of chocolate frosting along the top of the cake
- Place a piece of cosmic brownie in between the chocolate frosting
- Sprinkle some more rainbow sprinkles around the top
- Cut into slices and enjoy!
Leave a Reply