Have you tried these White Chocolate Cocoa Bomb that are perfect for Spring? Hot cocoa bombs are everywhere. Don’t spend big bucks buying them when you can easily make them at home for a fraction of the price.
White Chocolate Cocoa Bombs
These Spring White Chocolate Cocoa Bombs are perfect for Easter. What child wouldn’t be delighted to find them in their Easter Basket. Enjoy these tasty hot chocolate bombs while decorating Dyeing Easter eggs with Whipped Cream or while enjoying movie night.
Tips for Sealing Hot Cocoa Bombs
When you are sealing the hot cocoa bombs, you will want to have a hot plate. I like to heat a plate for 2 minutes. Then when I am ready to seal, I take one side of the ball and press the edges on the plate. This starts to melt the chocolate a little bit. Then press the 2 sides together. I like to add a thin layer of chocolate along the seam to reinforce the hold.
Ingredients & Supplies
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step directions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
How to Make Cocoa Bombs for Spring
Place a plate in the freezer while you are melting the chocolate.
Next, fill the molds with chocolate. Make sure to cover the mold on all sides. Fill all of the openings.
Once the molds are filled, place it in the freezer for 5 minutes.
After the time is up, add another layer of chocolate to the molds. This makes it more sturdy.
Place the molds in the freezer for 5 minutes.
Take the molds out of the freezer and carefully remove the spheres and set them on the cold plate.
Fill 6 of the half with the hot chocolate mixture and mini marshmallows.
Heat a small plate in the microwave for 2 minutes. Be careful while you remove it from the microwave. It will be hot.
Rub the open end of an empty sphere against the hot plate and place it onto a filled one. Add some of the melted chocolate along the edges to seal them.
Set it on the cold plate.
Put the pink melts into a piping bag and heat for 30 seconds. Massage the bag between heating. Continue until the chocolate is melted.
Going back and forth motion, pipe melted pink candy on top of each of the cocoa bombs and add sprinkles immediately before candy sets.
To make, place it in a mug and pour in 6 oz of hot milk. You may also add an additional tablespoon of cocoa mix to your mug if desired.
More Easter Recipes
- How to Make Adorable Easter Pretzels with Peeps
- Easter Bunny Cupcake
- Easter Milkshake Freakshake
- Easter Egg Cookies
- Easter Punch – Perfect for Kids
The Best White Chocolate Cocoa Bombs for Spring
- Semi sphere silicone mold – 2 pack
- Piping bag or ziplock baggie
- 7 oz white vanilla flavored melting wafers
- 1-2 oz pink melting wafers
- 6 tbsp hot cocoa mix
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- Spring colors sprinkles
- Place a large plate in the freezer.
- Heat white melting wafers into a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between each heat session, until fully melted.
- Add a spoon full of melted candy in one cavity of the mold, using the spoon (or a pastry brush) to cover the entire cavity with chocolate, making sure to get all the way up the sides. Do this until all 12 cavities in both of the molds are covered in melted candy.
- Place candy coated molds in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove molds from the freezer and repeat step 3 to add a second layer of melted candy. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the plate and the molds from the freezer, and carefully remove each of the candy coated spheres. Set them on the cold plate.
- Fill 6 of the candy coated spheres, each with 1 tablespoon of hot cocoa mix and 6-8 mini marshmallows.
- Heat a small plate in the microwave for 2 minutes. Remove.
- Pour remainder of melted candy into a pastry bag or zippered bag, and snip the end off.
- Place one of the empty candy coated spheres upside down on the plate and gently move it around to melt the candy a bit. Place one of the empty spheres to attach to a filled sphere, and pipe candy along the edges to seal the ends. Set on the cold plate.
- Put pink candy melts into a pastry bag or zippered bag, and heat in microwave in 30 second increments, massaging the bag in between, until fully melted. Snip the end of the bag with a scissors.
- Using a back and forth motion pipe melted pink candy on top of each of the cocoa bombs and add sprinkles immediately before candy sets.
- To enjoy, place in a mug and pour in 6 oz of hot milk. You may also add an additional tablespoon of cocoa mix to your mug, if desired.