Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli brings your favorite Chinese food takeout right to your kitchen. Fast and easy to make, this Chinese food classic is tasty and healthy and on the table in no time.
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
It used to be whenever we would order Chinese take out, one of my kids always ordered beef and broccoli. And then everyone would have a little bit of this and a little bit of that and everyone would take some of the beef and broccoli. While we would make it at home, this recipe for Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli is ready in no time and tastes like it took all day to make.
Is the Beef Tender in this Beef and Broccoli Instant Pot Version
One of the things that I love about this Beef and Broccoli Instant Pot version is that the beef comes out tender. The beef just melts like butter once it has been cooked in the Instant Pot. And the broccoli still have some bite left to it. It is the perfect combination of tender beef and broccoli.
How Many Weight Watchers Points in Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
One of the things about eating out, no matter what it is, is that the points tend to be higher. There is more sugar and fat in the recipe and often there is a lot more salt. When you make the recipe at home, you can control all of this. What I have done to lighten this recipe is to decrease the amount of points in this recipe is to decrease the sugar slightly and increased the broccoli. This Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli recipe is 6 servings at 5 points per serving. I did not include the Sesame Seeds that are an optional topping in the point count.
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a Year’s Membership for the Price of a Month – Learn More About Healthi – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
How to Reheat Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
I like to make extras of Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli so I have it for lunch the next day. When I reheat it, I will usually heat it in the microwave because it is a single serving but if I am reheating a large amount for the family for dinner, I often reheat it in a saucepan on the stovetop.
Ingredients in Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
- Flank steak
- Dark soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Broccoli florets
- Crushed red pepper
- Hot water
- Sesame seeds for garnish
How to Make Beef and Broccoli in the Instant Pot
In a small bowl add your soy sauce, garlic, ginger, red peppers, and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
Put sliced steak, and soy sauce mixture in the Instant Pot
Lightly toss the steak with the sauce to make sure the beef is coated with soy sauce mixture.
Close the lid of the Instant Pot and set the valve to a Sealing position.
Press the “Manual” button and set the time to 10 minutes on High.
While the beef is cooking, put the broccoli steamer and cook until tender.
When the beef is done cooking, quick release. Carefully remove the lid.
Set your Instant Pot to saute and set the time to 10 minutes.
In a small bowl add your cornstarch and hot water. Stir until fully combined.
Add the corn starch slurry to the beef and stir to combine.
Stir the cooked broccoli into the beef mixture.
More Weight Watchers Dinner Recipes
- Weight Watchers Shepherds Pie
- Million Dollar Spaghetti Recipe
- Weight Watchers Pepperoni Pizza
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Drunkard Noodles Thai Dish with Rice Noodles
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
- 2 lbs flank steak cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup dark soy sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 lb broccoli florets fresh
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. minced ginger
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Sesame seeds for garnish optional
- In a small bowl add your soy sauce, garlic, ginger, red peppers, and brown sugar.
- Stir to combine.
- Put sliced steak, and soy sauce mixture in the Instant Pot
- Lightly toss the steak with the sauce to make sure the beef is coated with soy sauce mixture.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot and set the valve to a Sealing position.
- Press the “Manual” button and set the time to 10 minutes on High.
- While the beef is cooking, put the broccoli steamer and cook until tender.
- When the beef is done cooking, quick release.
- Carefully remove the lid.
- Set your Instant Pot to saute and set the time to 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl add your cornstarch and hot water.
- Stir until fully combined.
- Add the corn starch slurry to the beef and stir to combine.
- Stir the cooked broccoli into the beef mixture.