Looking for a twist on a classic meatloaf recipe? This Sloppy Joe Homemade Meatloaf recipe is a delicious dinner, that has an incredible flavor. This meatloaf recipe is easy to make and the kids will love it.
Sloppy Joe Homemade Meatloaf Recipe
This is a simple to make, inexpensive, delicious recipe that the whole family will love. A friend of mine made it for her husband once and he said it was so good ” My husband wanted to marry me again”. I absolutely love hearing things like that.
How Many Weight Watchers Points in Sloppy Joe Meatloaf Recipe
This is a delicious dinner recipe that is healthy for the whole family. One bite and you will absolutely love it.
Using 95% lean ground beef
- Blue: 5 Points
- Purple: 5 Points
- Green: 5 Points
Using ground turkey breast
- Blue: 2 Points
- Purple: 2 Points
- Green: 3 Points
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a Year’s Membership for the Price of a Month – Learn More About Healthi – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
What Goes with Homemade Meatloaf?
There are many things that can be served with this meatloaf recipe. Here are some of my favorites.
- The Best Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Cheesy Crash Hot Potatoes
- Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon Recipe
- Best Roasted Vegetables Ever
- Broccoli Salad Recipe
- Cowboy Caviar
- Easy Green Beans and Bacon
Can I Make This Ahead and Freeze for Later?
I love anything that makes life easier and that includes freezer meals. You can make this sloppy Joe meatloaf ahead and freeze it for later. You can cook it before freezing or you can freeze it after baking it. When I make this homemade meatloaf baked and ready to go, I like to freeze it in individual slices so that I can make it as one meal at a time.
- 95% ground beef or turkey breast
- Sloppy joe sauce, divided
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Italian seasoning
- Yellow onion
- Orange or green pepper
- Yellow pepper
- Red pepper
How to Make Sloppy Joe Meatloaf
Preheat oven to 375°. Spray loaf pan with olive oil cooking spray.
In a small bowl, beat the egg. Mix in ¾ of the can of sloppy joe sauce, the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
In a larger bowl, add your meat and break it up a bit. Add the vegetables and breadcrumbs to the bowl and mix into the meat until they are well incorporated.
Take your bowl of sauce from step 1 and mix into your meat.
Press your meat mixture into your loaf pan and pat gently to form an even layer. Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle.
Remove meatloaf from the oven and spread the sauce over the top. Return meatloaf to the oven for 5-7 minutes.
Remove meatloaf from oven and serve warm.
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Sloppy Joe Homemade Meatloaf Recipe
- 3 pounds lean 95/5% ground beef or turkey
- 1-15.5 ounce can of sloppy joe sauce divided
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- ½ tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- ¼ cup orange or green pepper diced
- ¼ cup yellow pepper diced
- ¼ cup red pepper diced
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray loaf pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg. Mix in ¾ of the can of sloppy joe sauce, the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, add your meat and break it up a bit. Add the vegetables and breadcrumbs to the bowl and mix into the meat until they are well incorporated.
- Take your bowl of sauce from step 1 and mix into your meat.
- Press your meat mixture into your loaf pan and pat gently to form an even layer. Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove meatloaf from the oven and spread the sauce over the top. Return meatloaf to the oven for 5-7 minutes. Remove meatloaf from oven and serve warm.
That sounds so yummy.
Mmm I love sloppy joes and I love meatloaf, so this looks great!