When it comes to cajun food, these Cajun Pork chops are amazing. Thes cajun smothered pork chops are sure to be a family favorite. With just the right amount of heat, these cajun pork chops are amazing.
Cajun Pork Chops Skillet Meal
When I can make dinner in a skillet, I am all for it. It makes dinner simpler and there are less dishes for me to deal this. That is a big deal when you have a family the size of mine. Skillet meals are easier to make and it helps me make dinner, Fast. Try this Cajun Pork Chops that the family will love.
What are Cajun Smothered Pork Chops
Cajun smothered pork chops are pork chops that are in gravy. Rich and creamy, there are many varieties of ways to make cajun smothered pork chops. With this version, we are using a chicken gravy and rice as the starch.
Are Cajun Pork Chops Inexpensive to Make
The flavors in the Cajun Pork Skillet meal are bold flavors that blend well together. As an added bonus, the meal is easy to make when you are short on time, and even when you are short on your budget. I often buy pork chops and pork ribs on sale at my local grocer. Buying pork loin and cutting it into chops myself is another way to make this recipe inexpensive. When the whole crew is eating, and that include a 3 hungry guy, and some little kids who eat me out of house and home, it comes to about $15, but that is still under budget for us.
How Many Weight Watchers Points in Cajun Smothered Pork Chops
This recipe makes 4 servings. With all the delicious gravy and rice, this recipe comes in at 8 points per serving.
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a Year’s Membership for the Price of a Month – Learn More About Healthi – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
More Easy Skillet Meals
I love an easy skillet meal. Dinner is easier when it is made in one pan. In the past, we have shared a few skillet meals, like Autumn Vegetables and Pasta Skillet Meal and Asian Pork Chops Skillet Meal. We even make an Easy Skillet Frittata that is a low-cost dinner as well as an easy skillet meal.
Looking for more pork chop recipes?
Cajun Pork Chops Ingredients
- Pork chops
- Cajun Spice
- Salt and Pepper
- Chicken and Rice Soup
How to Make Cajun Smothered Pork Chops
Season your pork chops with Cajun spice, salt, and pepper.
In a small bowl add the egg and mustard and mix well
In a separate medium sized bowl add your flour
Using a large cast iron pan, add your oil and turn your heat on to high
Take your pork chop and dip it in the egg mustard mix and then dip it in the flour. Shake off the excess flour. There should only be a fine coating on each pork chop.
Place your pork chop in the cast iron pan
Repeat process for each pork chop
Cook on high for 4-5 minutes and turn the pork over and repeat the process for another 4-5 minutes
Turn your heat to medium
Pour your chicken and rice soup on top of your pork chops and cook for another 10 minutes.
Make sure to flip your pork chops so its saturated with the soup on both sides.
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Cajun Pork Skillet Meal
- 4 Pork chops about 4 ounces each
- 2 tbsp. Cajun Spice
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Eggs
- 2 tbsp. Mustard
- 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 1 can of Chicken and Rice Soup
- Season your pork chops with Cajun spice, salt, and pepper.
- In a small bowl add the egg and mustard and mix well
- In a separate medium sized bowl add your flour
- Using a large cast iron pan, add your oil and turn your heat on to high
- Take your pork chop and dip it in the egg mustard mix and then dip it in the flour. Shake off the excess flour. There should only be a fine coating on each pork chop.
- Place your pork chop in the cast iron pan
- Repeat process for each pork chop
- Cook on high for 4-5 minutes and turn the pork over and repeat the process for another 4-5 minutes
- Turn your heat to medium
- Pour your chicken and rice soup on top of your pork chops and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Make sure to flip your pork chops so its saturated with the soup on both sides.