Baked pasta is one of those recipes that is really perfect at any time of the year. There is nothing better than a big bowl of warm and comforting pasta! If you are craving pasta for dinner, then my Baked Ziti Pasta is a recipe that you must try! Full of sauce and cheese, this will definitely become a family favorite.
BAKED ZITI PASTA
Pasta is one of those meals that my whole family will eat; even the picky ones. That’s why for me I always try to have a variety of different pasta dishes on hand. It is inexpensive, easy to make and always tastes amazing.
I have a few favorite pasta recipes that my family loves that I thought you would enjoy. Like my Italian Pasta and my Spaghetti Carbonara. Another favorite is my Angus Beef Meatballs with Lemon Pepper Pasta; seriously, you gotta try this!
Should I undercook pasta for Baked Ziti?
If you dislike mushy pasta, then yes! It will finish baking in the oven. Cook it for only about 5 to 6 minutes top on the stove.
Do you cover Ziti when baking?
Yes, you want to cover the pasta while it is baking so it doesn’t dry out. Just cover it with foil when putting it in the oven.
What goes with Baked Ziti?
Baked ziti goes with so many things. Garlic bread, a nice side salad, or breadsticks are some of the most common things to serve with pasta.
I like to serve 2 Ingredient Dough Breadsticks with these dish.
How Many Weight Watchers Points in Baked Ziti?
When you make this recipe with whole wheat ziti noodles, fat-free ricotta, turkey pepperoni, reduced-fat spaghetti sauce, and fat-free mozzarella, this recipe comes out to:
- Purple– 4 points
- Blue – 10 points
- Green– 10 points
New to WW? Trying to Decide on What Plan is Best? Use these guides to help. Everything You Need to Know about the Green Plan, Blue and Purple coming soon.
What ingredients are needed?
- Ziti – this will be the pasta you need for this dish
- Spaghetti sauce – homemade or store-bought, totally up to you.
- Fire roasted tomatoes– this type of prepared tomatoes really takes the recipe up a notch.
- Ricotta cheese – this is the ingredient that provides the cheesy goodness to the recipe.
- Pepperoni – this will be your meat for this dish.
- Mozzarella cheese – all great pasta recipes use cheese.
- Fresh basil – topping your dish with fresh herbs provides the perfect finishing touch.
Ready to Make this Easy Baked Ziti Pasta?
The full list of instructions and the recipe ingredients list are in the printable recipe card below.
MORE PASTA RECIPES
- Million Dollar Spaghetti
- Chicken Ranch Pasta
- Tuscan Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Chicken Bacon Ranch
- Turkey Bacon Alfredo
If you are craving pasta for dinner, then my Baked Ziti Pasta is a recipe that you must try! Full of sauce and cheese, this will definitely become a family favorite.
- 1 lb ziti (cooked/drained)
- 24 oz spaghetti sauce
- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 6 oz pepperoni ( extra for topping)
- 4 C mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil
- Cook Ziti as directed on the box.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prep baking dish with cooking spray
- In a large bowl combine the ziti, sauce, fire roasted tomato, ricotta cheese, pepperoni, 3 cups of mozzarella cheese.
- Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Scoop mixture into the baking dish.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and extra pepperoni.
- Cover with baking lid or foil. Bake 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 654Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 1598mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 37g