Appetizers are such a tasty way to try a variety of foods without having all of the guilt from eating a full entrée. If you are looking for healthier food options to try in the new year, then these Turkey and Bacon Jalapeno Poppers are exactly what you are looking for.
TURKEY AND BACON JALAPENO POPPERS
I don’t know about you but stuffed jalapeno poppers are simply divine! They are such an easy appetizer to make plus they are definitely budget friendly.
I think one of the other reasons I love making them is that they are so versatile. You can add a variety of different proteins to change up the flavor.
If you love appetizers like I do, then I have a few other ones that you might really enjoy! Like my Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings or my Cajun Shrimp Cups. Of course, my Buffalo Blasts are a tasty option as well.
Before you get started, here are a few suggestions and tips when making these Weight Watcher friendly appetizers.
How Many Weight Watchers Points in the Jalapeño Poppers
This recipe makes 8 popper. I count a serving as 2 poppers, or 1 full pepper. When you make the recipe according to the recipe it comes in at
|Weight Watchers Plans||Points|
|Carb Conscious||coming soon|
|Calorie Command||coming soon|
|Keeping Keto||coming soon|
|Conquer Cravings||coming soon|
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a Year’s Membership for the Price of a Month – Learn More About Healthi – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Save Money on Weight Watchers. One Year on iTrackBites for about the cost of 1 month on Weight Watchers. All the same plans and points. Use code
Code_DebiMurray to save
CAN YOU FREEZE JALAPENO POPPERS?
Yes, you can freeze them. Prepare them as you normally would. Then to freeze them, add them to a silicone lined or foil lined baking sheet and place them in the freezer until frozen. Then remove them and put them into a freezer bag.
To reheat them, place them onto a baking sheet lined with foil and place them into a 350 degree oven until they are heated thoroughly. Depending on your oven this could take 30 or so minutes.
CAN I MAKE JALAPENO POPPERS AHEAD OF TIME?
Absolutely. You can pre-make the cream cheese part of the appetizer up to three days in advance. Store it in an air-tight container in the fridge until you are ready to assemble them. Then when you are ready to make them, prepare as directed.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE NEEDED
- Jalapeños – a key ingredient when making this appetizer.
- Cream cheese, fat-free – this is what makes them so creamy.
- Garlic cloves – all great recipes use garlic.
- Salt – this ingredient really brings out the flavor in a dish.
- Pepper – adds the right amount of flavor.
- Smoked paprika – this seasoning really gives this dish a boost of flavor.
- Shredded fat free cheddar cheese – need I say more.
- Ground turkey – a key protein for this dish.
- Bacon – to bring the savory to the appetizer.
READY TO MAKE THESE TASTY WEIGHT WATCHERS JALAPENO POPPERS?
You can find all of the instructions and ingredients on the printable recipe card below. I’ve included a few in-process photos for your reference.
TIP: Make sure to wear gloves when seeding the jalapenos so you don’t get the oils on your hands.
MORE WEIGHT WATCHER RECIPES
- Weight Watchers Chocolate Ice Cream
- Healthy Chicken Enchiladas
- Apple Butternut Squash
- Bacon Mozzarella Keto Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Funnel Bites
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Turkey and Bacon Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
Appetizers are such a tasty way to try a variety of foods without having all of the guilt from eating a full entrée. If you are looking for healthier food options to try in the new year, then these Turkey and Bacon Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers are exactly what you are looking for.
- 4 jalapeños
- 4 oz cream cheese, fat-free
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup of shredded fat free cheddar cheese
- ¼ pound ground turkey, cooked and drained
- 2 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
Preheat oven to 400.
Step 1: Slice 4 jalapeños long ways. Hollow out the jalapeño halves and set aside.
Step 2: Put cream cheese in a medium sized microwave safe bowl. Melt cream cheese for 20-30 seconds in the microwave. Mix salt, pepper, paprika and garlic into cream cheese.
Step 3: Add bacon and turkey into cream cheese mixture.
Step 4: Spoon mixture into jalapeño halves. Place the jalapeños onto a baking pan.
Step 5: Place in oven for 15 minutes or until the jalapeños are tender.
Step 6: Remove from oven and sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Place under broiler until the cheese just begins to bubble and turn brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes and then serve.
Make sure to wear gloves when seeding the peppers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 74Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 328mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g
Leave a Reply