Looking for a new breakfast idea? Tired of the same old cereal and toast routine? Try these Tandy Cake Peanut Butter Waffles! They are made from scratch with wholesome ingredients. You’ll love how they taste, plus you can feel good about what you’re eating. These waffles will make your mornings so much better.
Instagram is one of my favorite places to be. Join us as we share our Perfectly Imperfect Life with recipes, crafts, parenting, and fun! Be sure to check out our stories for real-time fun!
Tandy Cake Waffle with Chocolate and Peanut Butter
Most people think that eating healthy is synonymous with being hungry and tasteless. This is not the case! One of my favorite low fat, low calorie recipes is a Tandy Cake Waffle. The recipe includes peanut butter and chocolate for flavor, but it isn’t loaded with a bunch of ingredients you have no idea what they are. I also like this waffle because it has only 2 Weight Watchers points per serving!
What is a tandy cake waffle
Tandy Cake is a cupcake that is made by Tasty Cake. These cupcakes are only available in a small area in the Northeast. This type of cupcake or cake is also called Kandy Kake by some. It is a yellow sponge cake that has a rich chocolate topping that covers the cupcake. I have taken the idea behind this Philly treat and turned it into a special breakfast treat. These healthy protein packed waffles have a thin layer of peanut butter and chocolate chips. Then it is topped off with whipped cream.
Love Recipes? Join our Facebook Group, The Best Recipes Because Mama Loves to Eat
Benefits of making and eating these waffles
There are many benefits to eating a Tandy Cake Waffle. For starters, it has less calories and fat than a normal cupcake with the same taste! It also only takes 15 minutes from start to finish in order to make these waffles. Finally, this recipe is Weight Watchers friendly which means you can still have your favorite breakfast without all of the guilt that comes packaged along with it. You don’t need any fancy equipment either. You only need a basic waffle maker.
What kind of waffle marker do I need
I am using a basic mini waffle maker. These waffles are about the size of frozen waffles that you get from the freezer section at the grocery store. You can make larger waffles, like the belgium waffle style, but this requires more batter, and will have a higher nutritional count, including a higher WW point count.
How to save time making this breakfast
So many readers I talk to say they simply do not have time for breakfast. I know how it goes, you are rushing around and can’t find time to get up early and make something. I know how it goes. I am always in a hurry in the morning too. The best way to save time making these peanut butter waffles in the morning is to make a large batch when you have time.
Make a large batch of waffles and then freeze them. When you are ready to make your breakfast, simply take the waffle out of the freezer, pop it in the toaster. While it is heating up, you can get your other ingredients together and once the waffle is ready, assemble and enjoy. Because there is no syrup, this wafle can be eaten as you are walking out the door without making a mess.
Can I Make Tandy Cake Peanut Butter Waffles Ahead
You can make the waffles ahead but I wouldn’t assemble the topping for these until it is time to eat. It is similar to adding syrup before you are ready to eat. If you add it too soon, the waffle will lose some of the crispiness on the outside and can become soggy.
Variations to this waffle recipe
The best recipes are ones that I can easily change up in order to create something new. There are a few ways that you can change up this recipe. Some easy variations are
Make Chocolate Waffles– You can either use chocolate Kodiak Cake Waffle Mix or you can add a bit of cocoa to the batter. This makes the waffle even more chocolate-ty and even more of a decadent treat.
Add Ice Cream – I know who thinks about ice cream when thinking of a healthy breakfast. So swap this for a dessert treat, add some low calorie vanilla ice cream or use chocolate ice cream. You can add these ice creams for only 1 more WW point so how can you resist.
Change the Chips– While I am using chocolate chips in order to make these Tandy Cake Waffles, you can also use other flavored chips, like white chocolate, caramel, peanut butter, or butterscotch. If you make these chocolate waffles you can pair them with peanut butter chips for a amazing treat.
How Much Does This Recipe Cost to Make
As of today, based on the prices at Krogers, this recipe costs about 1.08 per serving. This includes that peanut butter, the chocolate chips and the whipped cream.
How Many Weight Watchers Points in these Waffles
Waffles are not normally considered low points. Especially ones that are decked out in peanut butter and chocolate. These peanut butter waffles however are not going kill your points for the day. While one waffle might not sound like it will be filling, by adding the peanut butter, you are increasing the protein in your breakfast, plus we are using a protein mix so you are going to be able to eat less and feel fuller. In my point counts, I am using sugar free chocolate chips. I prefer the Lily’s brand but you can use whatever kind you like. You can lower the points more by using a peanut butter powder. It will give you the same flavor and taste amazing and it will cut out more points.
- Purple – 4 points
- Blue – 4 points
- Green – 6 Points
When using Kodiak Cakes as the base of your waffles and regular peanut butter, these waffle recipe comes in at
- Purple- 6 points
- Blue- 6 Points
- Green – 8 Points
New to WW? Trying to Decide on What Plan is Best? Use these guides to help. Everything You Need to Know about the Green Plan, Blue and Purple coming soon.
- Homemade 2 point waffles or use store bought frozen waffles
- Peanut butter or peanut butter powder
- Chocolate Chips
- Whip Cream
How to Make Tandy Cake Peanut Butter Waffles
Make the waffles following the recipe or use frozen store bought waffles.
Spread the peanut butter over the waffle. It is best to do this while the waffle is hot because it melts the peanut butter and makes it gooey.
Top the waffles with chocolate chips.
Add a dollop of whipped cream.
More Breakfast Recipes
- Weight Watchers Breakfast Sandwiches – Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit
- Air Fryer Breakfast Taquitos
- Stuffed Papaya Breakfast Bowl Recipe
- How to Make Fried Breakfast Potatoes
- Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies – Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Are you on Facebook? We are too. Join us as we share our Perfectly Imperfect Life with recipes, crafts, parenting, and fun!
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Tandy Cake Peanut Butter Waffle
- 1 Homemade 2 point waffles or use store bought frozen waffles
- 1 Tablespoon Peanut butter or peanut butter powder
- 1 tsp Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tablespoons Whip Cream
- After making the waffles, spread the peanut butter over the waffle. This works best while warm so the peanut butter melts and becomes gooey.
- Place as many chocolate chips as desired.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.