Looking for a simple chocolate ganache recipe that is so easy to make makes the most amazing chocolate ganache frosting? This rich chocolate frosting is perfect for topping cakes and other desserts.
Easy Chocolate Ganache Frosting
I am a sucker for a good ganache. But honestly, I want it to be very simple. I have started making very simple recipes that Serenity, my daughter, can make. She has an interest in baking but since she is just starting, she wants to try easy desserts. I am all about easy. The easier the better. Simply because who has time for complicated. With this easy chocolate ganache frosting, it takes no time to make and it tastes amazing. Use it on all kinds of desserts.
When making a ganache recipe, you need to have the ratios right. This makes the ganache set up and not be runny, while still giving it the ability to pour over the dessert. With this chocolate ganache frosting, you want to have chocolate chips and butter at about 2.5 to 1. Depending on what you are making you might need to make multiple batches of this ganache. This is a small amount, best when covering things like brownies, when you want a small layer.
Can This Be a White Chocolate Ganache?
Yes. If you want to change this easy chocolate ganache recipe into a white chocolate ganache, all you have to do is swap the milk chocolate chips to white chocolate chips. It is really that simple. White chocolate ganache is a great choice when milk chocolate will not pair well with the cake.
How to Make this a Weight Watchers Chocolate Frosting
If you want to make this a Weight Watcher Chocolate Ganache, or a skinny chocolate frosting, you can make a few substitutions in order to make it lighter. Swap the butter for light butter and use Lily’s Keto Chocolate Chips. When you use this frosting on something like brownies and slice it into 24 slices, this becomes 1 point for serving. Of course, this will change from dessert to dessert. It is 32 Weight Watchers Smart Points for the entire recipe.
Making Keto Friendly Chocolate Ganache
If you want to make this a keto friendly chocolate ganache, use the same Lily’s Keto Chocolate Chips and use the regular butter. This will make a creamy rich ganache that is low in carbs. The entire recipe has 10 Net Carbs or less than .5 g per serving
Ingredients in Chocolate Ganache
- 5 ounces chocolate Chips – For Keto and WW- Use Lily’s No Sugar Added Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream – Weight Watchers use fat free half and half
How to Make Chocolate Ganache Recipe
Combine the chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl.
Microwave at 50% for 60-90 seconds.
Stir well. And then add the heavy cream and mix together.
You can also do this on the stove using a double boiler recipe.
Want More Weight Watchers Recipes?
- Rocky Road Cupcakes – Weight Watchers Friendly
- Chocolate Muffins – Only 2 WW Points
- Weight Watchers Banana Pudding
- Weight Watchers Chocolate Mousse
- Healthy Peanut Butter Fruit Dip
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a Year’s Membership for the Price of a Month – Learn More About Healthi – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
More Weight Watchers Help
Need Help Staying on Track? Try these ideas:
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Looking for more Low Carb and Keto Recipe?
- Keto Chocolate Mug Cake – This chocolate ganache would taste amazing on this cake.
- Sweet and Tasty Keto Desserts
- Loaded Cauliflower Bake
- PB&J Muffins: A Low Carb Muffin that Kids Will Eat
- 15 Low Carb Soup Recipes Perfect for Winter
- 5 ounces chocolate Chips For Keto and WW- Use Lily's No Sugar Added Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 heavy cream
- Combine the chocolate chips and melted butter in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave at 50% for 60-90 seconds. (Or until the mixture melted)
- Stir well. And then add the heavy cream and mix together.
- You can also do this on the stove using a double boiler recipe.