This is the best Skinny Orange Chicken recipe ever! It is sweet and tangy and the chicken melts in your mouth. Not only is this crockpot orange chicken delicious, but it is also healthy too. Once you try it, it will be the only orange chicken you will want.
Skinny Orange Chicken Recipe
I love Chinese food. I could eat it every day. however, it is not always a friend when you are watching what you eat. Most of the popular Chinese food dishes are loaded with fat, calories and sugar. So when we started watching what we were eating, I started trying to make my favorite recipes lighter so that we could still enjoy it but not lose the progress we have been making. This Skinny Orange Chicken is just as good as the typical orange chicken but even better because it is healthy.
How Long Does it Take to Make Crockpot Orange Chicken
When making this Crockpot orange chicken it takes about 4 hours. If you are cooking on high, you can make this recipe in 2 hours, but I like the long slow cook, so I like cooking on low for 6 to 8 hours.
What to Serve with Skinny Orange Chicken
Typically, orange chicken is served over rice or fried rice with a side of broccoli. If you want to keep this as a skinny meal, you can serve it over cauliflower rice. This is my go to anymore for any rice dish. It has the same taste and texture as rice without the extra calories and carbs. As a bonus, my kids like it and it is a great way to get extra vegetables in their dinner. AND cauliflower rice is free on the Blue Plan. I like to use this Cauliflower fried rice recipe.
How Long Does Orange Chicken Last
When you make orange chicken, it will last about 3 days in the refrigerator. Make sure you have it stored in an airtight container. If the orange chicken is exposed to air while it is stored it will go bad sooner.
How Can I Make This Orange Chicken without a Slow Cooker
If you do not want to make this in a slow cooker, you can make it in a pot on the stove. You will prepare everything that same way except instead of a slow cooker, use a pot on the stove.
How Many Weight Watchers Points in this Orange chicken recipe
With this Weight Watchers Orange Chicken recipe, it makes 4 servings. Each serving is 5 points each. This is not including rice or fried rice. it is A typical serving of orange chicken, without the rice is 11 points for 6 pieces of chicken. So by using this skinny version, you save a lot of points and get to enjoy Orange Chicken.
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a Year’s Membership for the Price of a Month – Learn More About Healthi – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
With this skinny orange chicken, I am not frying the chicken. This way, you can enjoy the chicken without worrying about the extra calories and fat. The points in this recipe come from the sugar and orange juice in the sauce. While technically I have counted all of the ingredients in the recipe, including everything used to make the sauce, you are not going to be eating all the sauce so the points are actually a little lower, but since I don’t know how much sauce someone will eat, I calculated it with all the sauce.
Ingredients in Crockpot Orange Chicken
- 2lbs uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
How to Make Skinny Orange Chicken
In a bowl, mix together all of the sauce ingredients, not including the cornstarch, and pour the sauce into the slow cooker.
Add the chicken breast to the slow cooker, whole.
Mix everything together well.
Cook on low 4-6 hours or 2-4 hours on high.
Remove the chicken and set it aside.
Add the cornstarch to the sauce and whisk it together well until there are no clumps.
Cut the chicken into pieces and add them back into the slow cooker.
Cook for another hour on low or 30 minutes on high.
Serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
More Weight Watchers Chicken Recipes
- Herbed Italian Chicken Breast
- Salsa Chicken
- White Chicken Chili
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip/
- Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Fajita Soup
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- Italian Chicken
- Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Crockpot Skinny Orange Chicken Recipe
- In a bowl, mix together all of the sauce ingredients, not including the cornstarch, and pour the sauce into the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken breast to the slow cooker, whole.
- Mix everything together well.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours or 2-4 hours on high.
- Remove the chicken and set it aside.
- Add the cornstarch to the sauce and whisk it together well until there are no clumps.
- Cut the chicken into pieces and add them back into the slow cooker.
- Cook for another hour on low or 30 minutes on high.
- Serve over rice or cauliflower rice.