Looking for an amazing Herbed Italian Chicken Breast recipe? This delicious recipe is easy to make and tastes amazing. This chicken recipe is 3 Weight Watchers points and can simply be made into a 0 Weight Watchers Point dinner. It is also keto friendly. It is perfect on any healthy eating plan.
Trying to find healthy dinners that taste good and are low in Weight Watchers points can be really hard. Anymore, I swear I don’t even want to look at chicken. But when I can find new ways of making it, then it doesn’t feel like I am eating the same thing every day.
What to Serve with Herbed Italian Chicken Breasts
This is an easy recipe and to make it even better, you want to have easy side dishes. You might want to consider:
- Cauliflower mashed potatoes recipe with garlic and chives
- Broccoli Salad
- Ranch Veggie Pasta Salad
- Cowboy Caviar
Of course, you also need dessert. Try these dessert recipes:
- Weight Watchers Banana Pudding
- Weight Watchers Chocolate Mousse
- 0 Point Weight Watchers Cheesecake
- Healthy Peanut Butter Fruit Dip
How Many Weight Watchers Points in Herbed Italian Chicken Breast
Using the Weight Watchers changes you can make this recipe 2 points, even with having cheese. If you want to make this a 0 point dinner, leave the goats cheese out.
Want More Weight Watchers Recipes?
- Chicken Parmesan
- Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
- Asian Shrimp
- Salsa Chicken
- Weight Watchers Pizza with Pepperoni
- Weight Watchers Shepherds Pie
- Weight Watchers Million Dollar Spaghetti Recipe
Looking for more recipes and support? Join our Winning with Weight Watchers Facebook Group.
Looking for more Low Carb and Keto Recipe?
- Sweet and Tasty Keto Desserts
- Loaded Cauliflower Bake
- PB&J Muffins: A Low Carb Muffin that Kids Will Eat
- 15 Low Carb Soup Recipes Perfect for Winter
Herbed Italian Chicken Breasts Ingredients
Prep time: 10 minutes
Active cook time: 25-30 minutes (+ time to come to pressure and 10 minutes natural release)
2-3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided (Weight Watchers use 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil)
½ medium red onion, diced
8 oz. baby Portobello mushrooms, cleaned and sliced thin
4 6-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to ¼” thick
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 c. chicken broth, preferably organic
1 t. garlic powder
2 T. fresh thyme leaves
2 T. fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
4 sprigs fresh rosemary
4 oz. goat cheese, cut into chunks (Weight Watchers reduce to 3 ounces to make this a 2 point dinner) (Remove the Cheese completely and this becomes 0 points)
3 T. fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Herbed Italian Chicken Breasts with a Mushroom Sauce
- Add one tablespoon olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the Sauté function. Set to high and once the display reads “hot,” add red onion and Portobello mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently until onions soften and mushrooms start to release their liquid, approximately 5-6 minutes. Transfer veggies to a bowl and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon olive oil to unit and season chicken breasts with salt and black pepper on both sides. Working in batches, if necessary, add chicken to the Instant Pot® without overcrowding. Brown on both sides, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove browned chicken from unit and repeat process with remaining olive oil and chicken breasts, as needed.
- Return mushrooms and onions to Instant Pot® and add chicken broth, garlic powder, thyme, and rosemary. Stir to combine.
- Place the metal trivet that comes with the Instant Pot® into the cooking container. Place chicken breasts on top of the trivet and cover. Lock the lid and set the pressure valve to “Sealing.” Press the “Manual” button and adjust setting to “high.” Set cook time to 10 minutes.
- When cook time is finished, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure. Turn the unit off and remove lid. Transfer chicken to a serving platter and rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the goat cheese to the cooking liquid and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- Serve immediately with some of the mushroom sauce spooned over each chicken breast. Enjoy!
Note: to make this recipe in the oven, start by cooking chicken in a skillet. Instead of adding the ingredients into the Instant Pot, use a casserole dish. Cook for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.