Looking for an easy mojito recipe? This mint mojito cocktail is easy to make and tastes amazing. Low in calories, this will be your go-to mojito recipe.
Mojitos are an easy to make cocktail recipe that can be used for many occasions. For us, this year, we are including it in our St. Patrick’s Day cocktails, but because this drink is so good, you can use it anytime and all the time.
More St. Patrick’s Day Cocktails You Might Love:
- Grinch Cocktail – This might be named after the Grinch, but the bright green color of this drink is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day. Change the red sanding sugar for gold and you are ready to go.
- Irish Coffee Recipe – A perfect recipe for traditional Irish Coffee.
- Sparkling Lemon Lime Margarita – A delicious low calorie, sugar free margarita recipe.
- Mad Hatter Cocktail – This cocktail is based on the Alice in Wonderland movie but with its bright green color it screams St. Patrick’s Day. Change the red sanding sugar for green or gold.
- Ginger Lime Jello Shots – Lime is a popular flavor for St. Patrick’s Day. While these ginger lime jello shots are not green in color, they do feature the lime taste that is popular for St. Patrick’s Day. If you want to make these a little more St. Patrick’s Day, add some green food coloring.
How Many Calories in a Mojito?
Most mojitos are based on a simple syrup to add sweetness to it. That can be troublesome if you are trying to watch your weight, cut carbs or just don’t want to the extra calories. With this version, instead of simple syrup, it uses Sparkling Ice. Sparkling Ice is sugar-free and 0 calories. That means the only real calories coming from this drink are in the white rum. Depending on the rum you choose, there are about 90 calories in a shot, which is 1.5 ounces.
What Kind of Mint is in a Mojito?
When making a mint mojito recipe, you can technically use any mint you have. If you want to use the best mint, you want to use mojito mint. This mint has the best flavor and profile for making mint mojito cocktail. You can grow your own mojito mint if you want to have fresh mint on hand for mojitos. It is best to grow mint, any mint, in a container because it tends to take over an area and invade all areas of the garden.
How to Muddle Mint?
Herbs are filled with chlorophyll. It is stored inside the veins of the herbs. The bad thing about chlorophyll is that it has a bitter taste, and no one wants a bitter taste in their cocktails. When you muddle herbs, the worst thing you can do is tear or shred the leaves of the mint. It can cause a bitter and grassy taste to your drink. You want to use something that is made from unvarnished or lacquered wood. You know you have muddled the mint enough when your kitchen smells like mint.
Sparkling Mint Mojito Recipe
Ingredients for a Mint Mojito
5 oz Sparkling Ice Lemon Lime
1 ½ oz White Rum
6 Mint leaves lightly muddled
Splash of lime
How to Make Mint Mojito
Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake and pour into a chilled tall glass. Garnish with a lime slice.
More Cocktails You Might Like:
- Cocktails for Easter- Peeps Cocktail
- Creamalada Cocktail or Mocktail
- Cheshire Cat Inspired Cocktail
- Kinky Pina Colada
- Ginger Sage Cocktail | Mother’s Day Brunch Cocktail
Sparkling Mint Mojito Recipe
- 5 oz Sparkling Ice Lemon Lime
- 1 ½ oz White Rum
- 6 Mint leaves lightly muddled
- Splash of lime
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice.
- Shake and pour into a chilled tall glass.
- Garnish with a lime slice.
Leave a Reply