This easy strawberry pie recipe combines the delicious flavors of blueberries and strawberries in a skinny friendly recipe. You’ll love the flavor blast of tender blueberries and strawberries with each bite when you bake this summer pie for your next family get together.
Easy Strawberry Pie Recipe
You can enjoy serving this easy strawberry pie without Jello as a special dessert at a BBQ or special event. Another option for families is to serve this summer dessert as a special treat during a hot summer day. The design of this easy strawberry pie will fit in well with any 4th of July parties you have planned. The stars and stripes on the top of this fruit pie give this pie a unique patriotic appearance.
Can I Freeze This Pie Recipe?
Yes, you can freeze fruit pies such as this easy strawberry pie. There are two options for freezing this skinny strawberry pie. First, you can gather the ingredients and make the pie without baking it. Freeze the pie in an airtight container until you’re ready to bake it for your special event.
If you want to bake your fruit pie and freeze it to serve later, then you can do the same step except complete the steps to bake the pie and allow it to cool to room temperature before freezing.
Typically speaking, you can store this easy strawberry pie in the freezer for up to 4 months. If you plan on freezing this pie for a long period of time, I suggest you wrap the pie in aluminum foil or plastic wrap before placing it in the freezer to store for any lengthy amount of time.
Can I use Frozen Strawberries
While I like to use fresh strawberries, frozen strawberries can be used. You want to make sure the frozen strawberries are completely thawed. If they are not thawed and patted dry, there will be added moisture and this can make the crust soggy.
Is This Fresh Strawberry Pie Made Without Jello
This strawberry pie is made without Jello. I personally am not a fan of the gel when it is made with Jello, so I opted to find a way to make it without it. The pie is thicken using cornstarch but without cooking the strawberries first.
Save Money on Weight Watchers. One Year on iTrackBites for about the cost of 1 month on Weight Watchers. All the same plans and points. Use code
Code_DebiMurray to save
Is This a Weight Watchers Friendly Pie?
This pie saves a lot of points because it uses 2 ingredient dough instead of using a traditional pie crust with is loaded with butter and saturated fat. You do lose some of the buttery taste this way and it isn’t as flaky, but it is something that can be enjoyed all summer long this way without blowing up you diet.
When this pie is made with real sugar it comes in at 3 points on all plans.
When you make this pie with sugar substitute, it comes in at 2 points on all plans.
How to Prevent the Pie Crust From Getting Soggy
Like most fruit pies, this pie is best when it is eaten the same day it is baked. The moisture of the fruit can make the crust get soggy as it sits. If you are not worried about the crust getting soggy there is a trick you can do. Paint the inside if the crust with melted chocolate before adding the fruit.
For this pie, paint the crust with melted chocolate before you put it in the refrigerator. This makes a barrier that helps to prevent the crust from soaking up the liquid.
This is not included in the Weight Watchers points.
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step by step directions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Fresh strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced in half (or quarter if they are large)
- Sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 Ingredient Dough
- Star Cookie Cutter
How to make an Easy Strawberry Pie Recipe
Make the 2 ingredient bread dough.
Remove 1/4 of the dough to use for the top of the pie.
Refrigerate the pie dough for 20 minutes to help it become firm.
Roll the dough out to fit to the pie plate. Trim off the extra dough.
Use a fork to decorate the edges of the pie crust.
Make the pie filling by combining the salt, sugar and cornstarch. Move a small amount of the cornstarch mixture into another bowl. Add the sliced strawberries to the larger amount and add the blueberries to the smaller amount.
Roll out the smaller amount of dough and cut the lines of the flag and use a small cookie cutter to make the stars.
You can brush milk or an egg wash over the dough to create a golden brown color. You do not have to do this step.
Bake the pie in a preheated 400 degree oven for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 35, rotate the pie and back for 20-30 minutes.
Once the pie is baked and cooled, slice and serve with whip cream.
More Weight Watchers Dessert Recipes
- Weight Watchers Chocolate Mousse
- Healthy Apple Pie
- Weight Watchers Donut Hole Recipe
- Rocky Road Cupcakes
- 0 Point Weight Watchers Cheesecake
- Homemade Pop Tarts
- WW Air Fryer Funnel Cake Bites
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Recommended Weight Watchers Products
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Skinny Easy Strawberry Pie Recipe
- Make the 2 ingredient bread dough.
- Remove 1/4 of the dough to use for the top of the pie.
- Refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes to help it become firm.
- Roll the dough out to fit to the pie plate. Trim off the extra dough.
- Use a fork to decorate the edges of the pie crust.
- Make the pie filling by combining the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Move a small amount of the cornstarch mixture into another bowl. Add the strawberries to the larger amount and add the blueberries to the smaller amount.
- Roll out the smaller amount of dough and cut the lines of the flag and use a small cookie cutter to make the stars.
- You can brush milk or an egg wash over the dough to create a golden brown color. You do not have to do this step.
- Bake the pie in a preheated 400 degree oven for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 35, rotate the pie and back for 20-30 minutes.
- Let the pie cool completely.