This gorgeous, delicious Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce is simple to make. Low sugar cranberry sauce is the perfect side dish whether it is for Thanksgiving, Christmas or a simple weeknight dinner.
Easy Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce Recipe
This cranberry sauce with pears is sure to be a hit this holiday season! It is super quick and easy cranberry sauce recipe to make and does not include any refined sugar.
Once you try this recipe, you’ll never look at store-bought cranberry sauce the same.
With Thanksgiving and Christmas around the corner, people are planning their recipe ideas for a big family get-togethers. A go-to side dish for Thanksgiving and Christmas is cranberry sauce.
Store bought cranberry sauce is lacking but most people think that making your own cranberry sauce is hard. This is an easy cranberry sauce recipe.
Most people use the canned jellied cranberry sauce because they think making homemade cranberry sauce is too hard. It doesn’t have to be. And the effort that it takes is well worth the end result.
With this gluten free easy cranberry sauce recipe, it includes pear with rosemary and ginger. The added flavors complement the cranberry sauce and add an elegant flavor to your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
What is the Difference Between Cranberry Sauce and Cranberry Jelly
I used to hate what I thought was cranberry sauce. It was the stuff that my mom would serve. She would open the can and it would slide out in a mass that was just a mess.
That is what is cranberry jelly. It is the stuff that holds its shape and just lays there. Then it is cut into slices.
Cranberry sauce is more fluid, has a better flavor and a much better texture. For people who like the flavor of cranberries but can not get over cranberry jelly, should absolutely love cranberry sauce.
Love cranberry and want other great tasting cranberry recipes: Cranberry Eggnog Breakfast Bake, Maple Cranberry Granola Pancakes, Cranberry Margarita, and Cranberry Orange Chicken
Is This Weight Watchers Cranberry Sauce Keto/ Low Carb
This gorgeous, delicious cranberry sauce is sure to be a hit this holiday season! It is super quick and easy cranberry sauce recipe to make and does not include any refined sugar.
Instead, it gets its sweetness naturally from ripe pears and a touch of maple syrup. Once you try this recipe, you’ll never look at store-bought cranberry sauce the same.
It makes it low carb but because it has pears and cranberries, both of which have carbs, it is slightly out of range to be a keto cranberry sauce.
More Low Carb Recipes
- Low Carb Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
- 15 Low Carb Soup Recipes
- PBJ Muffins Low Carb Muffin
- Keto Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
How Many Weight Watchers Points in No Sugar Cranberry Sauce
When you make this no sugar cranberry sauce, the only ingredients in the sauce that has points is the sugar free maple syrup. Real maple syrup has 12 points per 1/4 cup while using sugar free syrup is only 1 point per 1/4 cup.
Using Sugar Free Maple Syrup, the Weight Watchers Cranberry Sauce is 1 point on all plans.
When you make this using real maple syrup, the cranberry sauce comes in at 2 points per serving on all plans.
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a Year’s Membership for the Price of a Month – Learn More About Healthi – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
More Weight Watchers Recipe
- Weight Watchers Banana Bread
- The Best Healthy Green Bean Casserole – Low Weight Watchers Points
- Healthy Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
- Healthy Apple Pie
- My Weight Watchers Christmas Menu
How Long Does Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce Last
When you have leftovers of this sugar free cranberry sauce, you want to make sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last about 5 days when it is stored properly.
Can the Pears be Left Out of this Side Dish Recipe?
I love the pears in this recipe because it adds flavor and natural sweetness to this side dish recipe. If you do not want to have the pears in this recipe, you can swap it for apples or leave it out completely.
Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce Ingredients
- Fresh cranberries
- Ripe pears
- Fresh ginger
- Fresh rosemary leaves
- Sugar free maple syrup, or a sugar substitute like monk fruit, Truvia or Stevia
I have heard some people replace the water with orange juice. Feel free to add the and add orange zest with it.
How to Make Low Sugar Cranberry Sauce
Add cranberries, pear, ginger, rosemary leaves, maple syrup, and water to a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture starts to boil and the cranberries burst open approximately 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for another 5-10 minutes. While cooking, mash the cranberries and pears with a wooden spoon. Season with a pinch of sea salt and stir to combine.
Remove from heat and allow the sauce to cool for 15-20 minutes before checking the consistency. Add a little water if the sauce is too thick. Taste and add more maple syrup for a sweeter sauce, if desired.
Optional: For a smoother sauce, blend one-half of the cranberry mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth. Stir puree back into the remaining sauce before serving.
Serve immediately or chill before serving. Enjoy!
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce with Rosemary and Ginger
- 12 oz. fresh cranberries
- 2 medium ripe pears peeled and diced
- 2 t. fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 3 T. fresh rosemary leaves finely diced
- 1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup
- ¾ c. water
- Add cranberries, pear, ginger, rosemary leaves, sugar free maple syrup, and water to a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture starts to boil and the cranberries burst open, approximately 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for another 5-10 minutes. While cooking, mash the cranberries and pears with a wooden spoon. Season with a pinch of sea salt and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and allow sauce to cool for 15-20 minutes before checking the consistency. Add a little water if the sauce is too thick. Taste and add more maple syrup for a sweeter sauce, if desired.
- Optional: For a smoother sauce, blend one-half of the cranberry mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth. Stir puree back into the remaining sauce before serving.
- Serve immediately or chill before serving. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply